Film Publishing 1 iconic camera a day from an incredible collection

99cameras

Hi there

I hope this message finds you well and that it will trigger your curiosity:)

My dad spent over 50 years collecting and fixing old cameras. He passed away in 2020 so I inherited over 2000 vintage cameras.

I have decided to make a digital collection of the 99 I like the most. Not the most rare or expensive but the ones that made sense. The ones that actually told a story.

I started dropping 1 camera a day since my dads birthday on sept 15th. And will keep on doing so for all 99. The collection contains incredible stuff, and most of all very different.

You can check out my project here on The 99 Cameras Club

I think there will be some sort of NFT membership at a later stage to finance an expo I would like to organize, but nothing is defined yet.

I hope you will like the idea! And some support would be lovely :)

Best regards,

Federico

Thank you ! It took me a long to decide what to do with all this. Especially because the volume an weight of such a collection is a bit overwhelming in the beginning.

I spent a lot of time with my dad when he was buying them but never got as passionate as he was. Building this collection and having to investigate each camera I drop, is actually making me grow more into it :)

Some cool stuff should come over the next few weeks :)

:Welcome: to this forum, Federico.

A lovely idea.

PS: I own a complete pre-war Minox outfit. Only missing the light meter, IIRC. Have the camera, enlarger, development tank, etc.
That’s an incredible kit! I hope You’ll bump in the light meter eventually:) I think my dad only had the camera for this kit. But I still need to dig in most of the “accessories” boxes. Even if I think he would have tagged those specifically :)

What an excellent project... and a truely eclectic mix of cameras.
indeed ! I think that is what I like the most in my dad's approach, there is all sorts of different cameras in the mix. I try to keep it so in the digital collection. The 5 of this week could not be more different from one another !

Your Father loved cameras- quite the collection. 99 will just touch the tip of the collection.
I'm glad to see you posting these cameras. I can recognize most of the ones in the group image.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks ! Happy to be here:) yes those are the ones I have no satchel for… but you have a point, the rarity is very different form one to the other and I don’t think I have 99 ultra rares (unfortunately :) ).

So I try to choose the ones that brought something new. Like Monday, I will be publishing the Kodak 35 Kodex 1 from 1939 Not super rare, but the first 35 still from Kodak.
E71A3AE0-0C20-444C-AB5D-851BCFB5C633.jpeg

So after asking the followers they rather hav me post thé Ermanox today :) Kodak will come tomorrow ! Got to admit the Ermanox is a crazy beast… weighs a ton !

Back