Pushkar and a riddle

Alf

Top Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Northeastern Tuscany
After a million hours we get to Pushkar, and it's 1976 all over again (I'm not seven years old this time, though): according to your age, think Katmandu or Marrakech or Samui, all in a nutshell of town.

Pushkar di alfrjw, su Flickr

The lake is lovely, light getting less and less harsh.

Then no light.

But it eventually comes back, you know.

And it's about time for breakfast, then the road.

Oh, and find the riddle! (No exif peeping..)

HeatherTheVet

Top Veteran
Apr 23, 2011
Scotland
Heather
I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!!

I stayed and worked in Pushkar for a while, if I had known you were going Alf I would have put you in touch with a few folk. I left a bit of my heart in Pushkar. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back there. Where did you stay? I think I'm going to go for Seventh Heaven next time. Did you do pooja in the lake in the morning? (clean up your minds people, it's a Hindu religious ritual)

I'll dig out some of my (tiny point and shoot) pictures later and add them. Can't wait to get in there with a real camera, although all the best shots are from places you can't take a camera

Reactions: Alf

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
These are great! Somehow I missed them too, glad Heather brought the thread back up!

Reactions: Alf

HeatherTheVet

Top Veteran
Apr 23, 2011
Scotland
Heather
[/url] DSCN0228 by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

Seventh Heaven area of Pushkar with one of the three Seventh Heaven dogs - her name is Slinky. She likes Parle-G biscuits. The local shopkeepers feed her and her family every day and are really good people. A happy wee dog!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom