Fuji Q button question

ice_man

Rookie
Can we change the function of the Q button long press? I've searched the manual but it's pretty vague about the Q button...

Tapatalk.

I haven't found it but I like the function as is because it allows me to quickly get access to predefined shooting conditions.

I don't think you can change it - only customisable button is the Fn button. Unless there is a hyper-secret or hyper-convoluted way to get around it that I can't see from the menu.

Guys, the Q button's "short press" function is pretty awesome to get you to the most used settings for shooting. However, I was asking for the "long press" function.

In my case, the preset is turning on/off the LCD brightness to the max level. What does your "long press" on the Q button do?

Gives me various shooting presets based on q-menu settings. Did you install the latest firmware upgrade? If so, I will look again what is customizable and what's not.
Btw: i use the x-pro1

Guys, the Q button's "short press" function is pretty awesome to get you to the most used settings for shooting. However, I was asking for the "long press" function.

In my case, the preset is turning on/off the LCD brightness to the max level. What does your "long press" on the Q button do?

Gives me various shooting presets based on q-menu settings. Did you install the latest firmware upgrade? If so, I will look again what is customizable and what's not.
Btw: i use the x-pro1

Can you explain what you mean by "gives you various shooting presets based on q menu settings"? I am trying to figure this out but can't... :(

Tapatalk.

Mine goes to the " edit/save custom settings" menu, where you actually change c1,c2, etc. This is the default, I think, as it is like this on both of my xe-1's. So, it would appear to be changeable.

Thank you! This is exactly what I am talking about. Maybe firmware? I am running on the latest 1.03. This just means that it can be changed. However, no one seems to know how to do it. :)

btw, a symbol appears on my lcd (when holding down the Q button/ long press). It represents the bright daylight screen mode, hold it down and the screen goes to bright or day mode.

Mine goes to the " edit/save custom settings" menu, where you actually change c1,c2, etc. This is the default, I think, as it is like this on both of my xe-1's. So, it would appear to be changeable.

Found the answer from here:

1.) Press and hold Q results in increased brightness of LCD. Great for shooting and reviewing shots outdoors in bright light.

2.) Press and hold Q when inside the Q menu brings you directly to the custom profiles setup. Then make the changes and exit with the DISP BACK button to save the custom profile settings.

On my X-E1 a long press on the Q button brings up the list of custom presets (CUSTOM 1...) allowing you to select and edit any of them. It is equivalent to selecting camera menu 3 item, 'EDIT/SAVE CUSTOM SETTING'.

I'll try to find ways to change this default, but don't hold your breath.

Edit: In the X-E1 manual it says 'For quick access to custom settings banks, press and hold the Q button.'

Back