Leica Q3 - 60mp

Thorsten the reviewer seems disappointed by the flip screen, I'd have thought that's a good thing, no? I could understand if it was a pure rangefinder but we're talking about an AF camera here.
Personally, I like the flip screen although in practice I don't use it that often on my cameras that have them. I don't think that feature would be enough to make many upgrade.

I love tilt screeens, hate the fixed ones... Finally Leica caught up with other camera sensors and pdaf but I guess the lens is too big to af quickly, similar to RX1R II. Overgaard have the review with other Leica camera photos.... I like Jono's review as he is the official Leica tester (he used to post here also):

Leica Q3

Big change is the buttons in the rear as they are more customizable:

Leica Q3 initial review

I'm somewhat gutted they didn't change the lens. I've seen videos/raw files that the lens is more like a ~25mm with corrections applied instead of a proper 28mm.
Does this matter? this lens swipes the floors with every fast 28mm out there, with the exception of Leica's own Summilux 28mm... Depends on what you prefer on a lens, of course.

For cinematic stuff, the Q is just an absurdly fine kit.

And if Leica runs out of money they'll put up a new line of Qs that have maybe 40mm lens or something. Could be fun :)

Thorsten the reviewer seems disappointed by the flip screen, I'd have thought that's a good thing, no? I could understand if it was a pure rangefinder but we're talking about an AF camera here.

True, I was disappointed until I got used to it. Setting the Leica Q3 to only using the EVF, you find a genius new feature: When you pull out the tilt screen, it activates! I mus admit thta when you use the camera, you don't notice or mind the tilt screen, and I love to never have to look at a lit up screen on the back of the camera (not to mention battery use and possible active touch of af point). So here the screen is gone, except when you want it alive, then you simply pull it out enough for it to activate.

And yes, as a Leica fan, what I really love is what they did 70 years ago ... except when they make something new and I get used to it :)

Just did an updated page 2 with how to set up the Q3 menu: Leica Q3 perfect menu setup explained step by step by photographer Thorsten Overgaard

True, I was disappointed until I got used to it. Setting the Leica Q3 to only using the EVF, you find a genius new feature: When you pull out the tilt screen, it activates! I mus admit thta when you use the camera, you don't notice or mind the tilt screen, and I love to never have to look at a lit up screen on the back of the camera (not to mention battery use and possible active touch of af point). So here the screen is gone, except when you want it alive, then you simply pull it out enough for it to activate.

And yes, as a Leica fan, what I really love is what they did 70 years ago ... except when they make something new and I get used to it :)

Just did an updated page 2 with how to set up the Q3 menu: Leica Q3 perfect menu setup explained step by step by photographer Thorsten Overgaard
And a very warm welcome to the forum Sir!

Back