Fuji Quality M-mount Helicoid/Close-focusing adapter?

jloden

All-Pro
Name
Jay
Anyone have a recommendation on a high quality M-mount to X-mount adapter that includes close-focusing ability, a.k.a. adapter with a focusing helicoid? I bought a Fotodiox brand one but it's quite cheap (in both senses of the word) and I really dislike the tiny button for disconnecting the lens.

I was extremely impressed with the Voigtlander VM-E adapter for Sony and that's what I'd really like... but unfortunately they don't make a version for X-mount. I was looking at the Hawk's adapter but I thought I'd ask here for personal experience and feedback before I purchase anything. Any suggestions?

Note: Price isn't my main concern. I'd love to save money, but having seen the difference between a $40 adapter and a $300 one, I'm ok with spending more if it means quality of design, build, and features.

All you need is an extension tube for the non X-mount lens don't you? That should work and might be a lot cheaper than a specialized adapter. Of course, that's only useful when you're not going to have to go to infinity quickly because you'd have to remove the extension.

All you need is an extension tube for the non X-mount lens don't you? That should work and might be a lot cheaper than a specialized adapter. Of course, that's only useful when you're not going to have to go to infinity quickly because you'd have to remove the extension.

Yeah, I'd definitely prefer a quality helicoid adapter if I can get one.

Rangefinder glass doesn't focus very close in a lot of cases, so it's a bigger issue than with SLR adapted lenses. Even working at "normal" distances i.e. not actually close-ups, I find it'll sometimes bang into the min focus distance with an M mount lens.

[mention=25354]jloden[/mention]

Over at the Leica forum, the Hawks adapter is well regarded. However on a high density megapixel sensor (like the A7r), the adapters reveal alignment issues. The consensus is to prefer a few and keep the best of the bunch.

Anyone have a recommendation on a high quality M-mount to X-mount adapter that includes close-focusing ability, a.k.a. adapter with a focusing helicoid? I bought a Fotodiox brand one but it's quite cheap (in both senses of the word) and I really dislike the tiny button for disconnecting the lens.

I was extremely impressed with the Voigtlander VM-E adapter for Sony and that's what I'd really like... but unfortunately they don't make a version for X-mount. I was looking at the Hawk's adapter but I thought I'd ask here for personal experience and feedback before I purchase anything. Any suggestions?

Note: Price isn't my main concern. I'd love to save money, but having seen the difference between a $40 adapter and a $300 one, I'm ok with spending more if it means quality of design, build, and features.

Did you find a solution?

Did you find a solution?

Not really - I bought the Fuji adapter and used that. I eventually sold off all my X-mount gear (still have an X100T) so it's a moot point now.

If I were still in the market I'd probably go with the Hawk's adapter since it has the best reputation, but I never did end up trying one.

the hawk's adapter i had before stripped the screws holding the m mount to the helicoid portion. also it focused past infinity. if there was another better option I'm all ears but the Hawk's adapter I had was really crap.

I have the Camdiox helicoid adapter that takes m42 glass and it works well, they do other mounts. I also use a m42 helicoid and extension tubes and a K&F m42 to FX adaptor

Danny

Back