Fuji Question about OVF to X20 owners

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
While at the local shop yesterday, I could not find a setting to get the X20 to display any of the shooting information overlay on the OVF, except when using the SR+ mode. Is it possible to see the shooting information while using the PASM modes? Or is the information overlay limited solely to usage in the SR+ mode?

Thanks!

You also have to make sure your eye is close enough to the viewfinder to trigger to sensor. I've had a couple of times while wearing glasses that my eye is not quite close enough to trigger the sensor, which turns the LCD off and turns the OVF overlay on.

I use LF+Raw, usually aperture priority, and always have my shooting information available. I use the OVF setting, not the eye sensor setting, so it's just there. It does not have all the shooting information that the LCD does, but the basic aperture, shutter speed, whether the image stabilization is on, focus confirmation, the shooting mode. For exposure compensation in A or S mode or exposure under of over in manual, the useful little bar that shows up on the LCD is replaced by an arrow indicating up or down, but giving no information about how much. Nonetheless, with those limitations, it is still quite useful.

...Nonetheless, with those limitations, it is still quite useful.
I agree completely. The small amount of exposure information displayed makes a huge difference. If you have an X10 and use the optical viewfinder a lot you really need to check out the X20. It's the biggest reason I upgraded.

I couldn't get the info to come on except when in SR+. I'll have to try it again when I visit the store. The OVF menu was grayed out when in PASM.

Back