Samsung Question about video with EX1/TL500

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
I am considering upgrading my TZ5 for this Samsung. I have a question - can you switch video from NTSC to PAL in the menu? In other words should I buy a US or an Asian version as Australia uses PAL? Got caught with my US GH1 which is NTSC - fortunately was able to 'hack' the firmware to give PAL option.

I just looked at mine, I have the TL500 or the USA version purchased from Amazon.com here in the USA. On the menu under settting there is a NTSC/PAL option for output which is used if you want to hook it up to your TV. The manual says that recorded video is saved as an H.264 (MPEG-4.AVC) file. On the menu on the camera you select 30 or 15 frames per second recording. The 30 frames a second is of course the standard for NTSC there is no option for the 25 frames of PAL.

However I just loaded a short video I made with the camera into Sony Vegas and I can out put it to a PAL DVD.

I hope you find this helpful, I admit I do not know much about PAL.

you should also know that the video on the TL500 is not HD but is standard def, and as a video camera I find the TL500 to be good for things like quick Youtube videos but it you wanting to shoot a lot of video I would get a dedicated video caemra

Back