Fuji Question for switchers from E2 toT1

Davoe

Regular
I bought my E2 right before the T1 came out. I love the E2 and have been waiting for the promised dynamic upgrade for the view finder and other goodies.

I'm a right eye shooter, so I like the position of the E2 viewfinder (keeps my nose off the camera), but miss having the tilting screen, which I have used on my P&S.

So, my questions are,
1. Does the center position of the viewfinder impede using the right eye for focusing vs the left position of the E2?
2. Do you prefer the controls of the T1 to the E2?

I bought my E2 right before the T1 came out. I love the E2 and have been waiting for the promised dynamic upgrade for the view finder and other goodies.

I'm a right eye shooter, so I like the position of the E2 viewfinder (keeps my nose off the camera), but miss having the tilting screen, which I have used on my P&S.

So, my questions are,
1. Does the center position of the viewfinder impede using the right eye for focusing vs the left position of the E2?

Would've replied to this sooner except I only got my X-T1 this week.
1. I wouldn't say it impedes focusing. The eyecup sticks out a bit such that if you're careful, you might not totally smush your nose on the rear LCD.
2. I prefer the clicky buttons on the back of my X-E2 but love having more dials to work with on the X-T1 with the exception of the lock on the ISO dial. I can manage to operate it with one hand but it'd be easier if the lock wasn't there.

Thanks, Mickey. I neglected to say that I wear glasses when I shoot, does that change the equation of which view finder would suit me better.......I've got to find one locally to try.

Wearing eyeglasses and having used both the X-E1 and the X-T1, the X-T1 is definitely preferable to me. I would imagine even moreso with the new replacement eyecup that Fuji announced.

So, my questions are,
1) depends if you've got quite the schnoz or not. using your left eye on the evf of the xt1, your nose may hit your thumb. i think the xe2 is still definitely better for right-eye users even with glasses. it's just the position of the sensor that bugs me, or maybe it's the way it reacts. and yes, the extended eye cup coming this may for the xt1 will be nice.

be5a3edy.jpg

2) i prefer the dials position of the xt1 especially the addition of the iso dial, but hate the d-pad. and i'm not really 'feeling' the rest of the buttons on the right side of the xt1 (in both sense of the word). i like the addition of both the shooting & exposure mode dials which makes changing them quicker even with the camera off. and the control dials are nice as well, like using a dslr.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

Back