random mussings

davect01

Hall of Famer
Stuff around the house. No particular category, just some random pictures

My favorite soft drink

Half mast flags on Sept 11th

New buds on our tree

My beautiful leg in the morning sun captured quite by accident. I did not even know it was there until I was reviewing my pictures later.

Reactions: BBW

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2010
Philly, Pa
Dave, we share the same Root Beer love. Here it's Hanks. It's a copy of the original Hires.
Hmmmm, we share the same National Flag also....
Very interesting.....

Bugleone

Regular
Jun 1, 2011
England
No, ginger ale is something that gets mixed with whyskey etc in cocktail bars,...Ginger beer, on the other hand, is something fiery but thirst quenching for when you have toiled long and hard on a hot sunny day.......

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
I've had real ginger beer and to me it is vaguely like a deeply intense Ginger Ale on steroids - love it, but have to have it on ice.:biggrin: I first experienced it in the late 60s while visiting England for my brother's wedding.:drinks: Ginger ale is mixed with alcohol but quite a few people in the states enjoy it for itself because it's quite refreshing...and it's really fantastic in a drink called a "Transfusion" which is ginger ale and grape juice, believe it or not! It's a drink enjoyed around where we live by tennis players. True! Of course, one can add vodka if one wants to.

Root beer: Root beer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia When I was little, the big excitement was to have root beer in an icy frosted big glass mug.

Dave, I like the deep color tones in these pictures. The clouds in that first September 11th flag photograph, especially, are gorgeous and the blowing flags compliment each other, as well as the whole scene. Very nicely done!

davect01

Hall of Famer
thanks

I've had real ginger beer and to me it is vaguely like a deeply intense Ginger Ale on steroids - love it, but have to have it on ice.:biggrin: I first experienced it in the late 60s while visiting England for my brother's wedding.:drinks: Ginger ale is mixed with alcohol but quite a few people in the states enjoy it for itself because it's quite refreshing...and it's really fantastic in a drink called a "Transfusion" which is ginger ale and grape juice, believe it or not! It's a drink enjoyed around where we live by tennis players. True! Of course, one can add vodka if one wants to.

Root beer: Root beer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia When I was little, the big excitement was to have root beer in an icy frosted big glass mug.

Dave, I like the deep color tones in these pictures. The clouds in that first September 11th flag photograph, especially, are gorgeous and the blowing flags compliment each other, as well as the whole scene. Very nicely done!
Don't forget about Root Beer Floats, vanilla ice cream and root beer in a mug! Yum,yum.

I too really like how the first flag picture turned out.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom