RAW processing for Olympus M5 Mk3 images

Hi

as I have a good tax rebate I decided to update my M5 Mk2 to the Mk3 as people are telling me it's a good upgrade.

I didn't think to check about software however, and as I use a standalone version of Lightroom 6.14, it seems the RAW files aren't supported.

I'm aware there's a free converter tool, but it adds another layer of processing.

I have previously trialed DxO, I think that's the name, but always gone back to Lightroom.

Thoughts?

I didn't go with Adobe subscription as I have PSE 18, and the standalone lightoom, and don't want a subs based thing, as I am due to retire in a year or so.

Many thanks for ideas and suggestions. I don't have huge amounts of money ..... :)
Darkroom is very good with my M5 MK2iii images. Plus, it is free. The filmic unit itself is worth it.

At the moment I am persisting with trying to learn DxO PL5. A few glitches, as in today when I applied corrections to all images, but forgot there was a crop on the first image, so then had to uncrop all the rest of the forty odd images!

Results seem nice though, and am getting my head around how I'd like to catalogue/where to import to. In fact, I think long term, my (so far) new system will have major benefits, as I'll be able to look for images using place and subject, rather than just date and keywords ..... time will tell. Also will be able to look using Explorer rather than just Lightroom, which means it will be other software friendly.

I have been exploring various developers over the last few weeks as I bought myself a new laptop. I have been following this thread with interest.

After trying all the relative free trials and open source options, I have decided on and paid for On1. I felt it had the best of most worlds for my needs with my M43 gear. It is also relatively cheap.

I have been exploring various developers over the last few weeks as I bought myself a new laptop. I have been following this thread with interest.

After trying all the relative free trials and open source options, I have decided on and paid for On1. I felt it had the best of most worlds for my needs with my M43 gear. It is also relatively cheap.

I haven't even looked at that - perhaps I should ? ...... sigh ..... Will become even more confused :)

Hi

as I have a good tax rebate I decided to update my M5 Mk2 to the Mk3 as people are telling me it's a good upgrade.

I didn't think to check about software however, and as I use a standalone version of Lightroom 6.14, it seems the RAW files aren't supported.

I'm aware there's a free converter tool, but it adds another layer of processing.

I have previously trialed DxO, I think that's the name, but always gone back to Lightroom.

Thoughts?

I didn't go with Adobe subscription as I have PSE 18, and the standalone lightoom, and don't want a subs based thing, as I am due to retire in a year or so.

Many thanks for ideas and suggestions. I don't have huge amounts of money ..... :)
As others have mentioned darktable 4.0 is a good free choice. I develop my OM D E Mark5iii with it alongside ACDSEE Pro. I normally develop images in DT then use ACSSEE Pro for cataloging and any special processing that is not easy to do in DT.

Back