Leica Raw software for M240

Hap

Top Veteran
Have searched abit through the prior posts. Now with an M240 coming in , need to establish a workflow. My only digital software is DXO and it requires some upgrading. I have read reviews such as the one here.
The very late Leica M Typ 240 review

It seems like there are "issues" with M240 skin tone colors and problems under mixed lighting, as commenters agree with above. I'd like to know what software people think is a good match for 240 RAW files as I have a pretty clean slate right now....and what workflow is good , at least as a starting point.

I do not have coded lenses....so wondering if this makes a difference.

Thanks

I have the 262, not the 240, but sensors are VERY similar.

Honestly, I haven't changed my RAW workflow at all since the M-E and use the same with any color digital camera (Canon 6D, Leica X-E, etc). I always shoot auto white balance, correct in LR with the dropper tool by selecting something white, black or best yet, 18% gray, and then color is fantastic (including skin tones). Leica M-D is actually best skin tone I've had to date. M240 had skin tone issues with early firmware, so make sure you update firmware if not already latest version and then you should be fine.

Have searched abit through the prior posts. Now with an M240 coming in , need to establish a workflow. My only digital software is DXO and it requires some upgrading. I have read reviews such as the one here.
The very late Leica M Typ 240 review

It seems like there are "issues" with M240 skin tone colors and problems under mixed lighting, as commenters agree with above. I'd like to know what software people think is a good match for 240 RAW files as I have a pretty clean slate right now....and what workflow is good , at least as a starting point.

I do not have coded lenses....so wondering if this makes a difference.

Thanks

Good review. I find the meter quite good, and the auto white balance more accurate than the M-E's. Most of the time, I just shoot the M-D exactly as I would shoot with film and the results are great. Of course without a screen, I have no idea until I get home, but I've not been disappointed yet.

I'm no help. I use Adobe Camera Raw Converter, and slide the magenta/green bars around until I get mostly what I want. If there's shadow or such that's off, I use the brush tool to work controlled areas. In other words, completely manual, heh.

Probably pays to consider acquiring LR....
No one is saying that there is a clearly superior RAW software developer....correct?

What comes to mind is perhaps Iridient?

I haven't used Iridient lately. Was great for Fuji x-trans when I was heavy into that. Might get back into it if they ever release an X-E3 with the latest sensor.

If you Mac any, you might try Pixelmator. Very photo-shop-like. Great stuff for the price. Or, just bite the bullet, pay $10 a month to get LR, PS, and two others (don't use them, so can't remember them), always up-to-date ...

Sometimes I think about the specialty stuff like noise-ninja, etc.

Back