Rawker Software - get bigger files on m4/3!

soundimageplus

Top Veteran
5019940648_35856e3f2c.jpg

Soundimageplus: Rawker Software - get bigger files on m4/3!

Very interesting converter, on my NX10 the files are the same size but high iso files have much less noise than in LR. There is slightly less fine detail but the overall result is better than I can get with LR + noise reduction. Thanks for the tip!

Very interesting converter, on my NX10 the files are the same size but high iso files have much less noise than in LR. There is slightly less fine detail but the overall result is better than I can get with LR + noise reduction. Thanks for the tip!

I've just had a look at some of my NX10 files, I got 41.5MB from the camera jpg, a 40.1MB file from Photoshop CS5 and a 41.9MB file from Rawker. Very odd.

Tested again and all my NX files are the same at 40.1. Then checked Rawker preferences and changed to 'always use DCRaw' and the file size increased to 41.9. This must be what you are using and it gives a very different result with lower contrast, detail closer to LR and rather inaccurate colours (I think). Certainly think Rawker has potential in reducing high iso noise with NX files anyway - just a shame I never use anything over 400 as a rule.

Back