Lens Raynox DCR-250 macro converter

Taneli

Veteran
Name
Daniel
Have had this goodie laying around but not used it much. But suddenly I needed to take some macro photos with my new system, came to think of this and thought it might fit my Nikon Z DX 16-50 lens, and it did! Actually, this is the go-to super macro gadget for Micro Four Thirds because it fits the Olympus 60/2.8 and many are using it to achieve super macro with 8 diopter more to the macro lens.

_DSC7285.jpg

But now, I can convert my kit zoom to a macro lens, fantastic! Actually quite good results, the corners can get bad if you don't zoom in enough, but the typical usage is normal to tele anyway. Check out this sample of our 5 kronor coin:

Without converter, at longest focal range (50mm):

_DSC7282.jpg

With converter, also at longest:

_DSC7283.jpg

Have had this goodie laying around but not used it much. But suddenly I needed to take some macro photos with my new system, came to think of this and thought it might fit my Nikon Z DX 16-50 lens, and it did! Actually, this is the go-to super macro gadget for Micro Four Thirds because it fits the Olympus 60/2.8 and many are using it to achieve super macro with 8 diopter more to the macro lens.

View attachment 371267

But now, I can convert my kit zoom to a macro lens, fantastic! Actually quite good results, the corners can get bad if you don't zoom in enough, but the typical usage is normal to tele anyway. Check out this sample of our 5 kronor coin:

Without converter, at longest focal range (50mm):

View attachment 371269

With converter, also at longest:

View attachment 371268
If you want to see what the Raynox can do in combination with the Oly 2.8/60 macro go to Mark Berkery's website:

@wee-pics : actually, I know very well what it can do, I bought it thinking of doing something like the pics I saw online from such great photographers as Mark Berkery. But my attempts was not something you would post online :D that's why it has collected dust, until now

I completely agree with you. It is a beast that needs some time to get the results you want. I should have started with the Reynox 150. And there's no chance without a flash plus diffusor.

Back