Fuji Recent Thoughts on the XE3

Got out the Vflat and stand/boom arm to do comparisons between a few light modifiers. So I used the X-E3 for the shots. It did well as expected. Although the E3 is so small, the light trigger was bumping against my forehead. Also, the X-E3 was able to do high speed sync using the Flashpoint R2Pro transmitter. This was 1/2500 @f1.4.
boomarm41WU-7.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey Bobby, if you get a chance, can you take a photo of the camera in hand. For some reason, the space between the grip and the lenses looks kinda tight.

I think the only way I could get with a camera that small is adding the grip. I do not like small cameras.

So would you say it's just "a little snug" or is it carmped?
Not even cramped. It's hard to see because of the shape of the lens. But I have about 1/2" of space between my fingers and the lens. This is with the 16mm 1.4. And it's the same with the 56mm. Not a ton of room. But my fingers aren't directly against the lens either.

EXIF exposure time should now be a bit more accurate. In short, my original math/logic for converting the decimal exposure time in the EXIF into a fraction to be displayed (eg: "0.500" to "1/2s") did not take into account long exposures. Whoops.

if I had to guess, I'd say 240 seconds.

Here's what some purport to be the first photograph containing a human. It's estimated to be a ten minute exposure.

Last edited:
Back