recreating a photograph

All good points. I'll try all that with my next run.

btw, I looked like an idiot as I tried that run about 20 times. Also, I need a remote shutter release. Poor Terry can't take a non-blurry photo even when the camera is on a tripod. Good think I'm supposed to be blurry.

If you don't have a remote and that is your dslr you used, mirror lock up might help in a pinch. Less shake [one clap instead of clap-clap] and Terry can watch you enter screen via the lcd.

And what I have seen over the last few years as a hobbyist is that anyone that really takes photos, not just snapshops but really tries things.. looks like an idiot to those observing them. All the macro I have done and the positions I have gotten into in public-- LOL. Sunday we took a park walk and there was a guy there with his camera aimed at what was probably a knot hole in a gazebo's wooden upright beam. He must have been there for a long time, moving his reflectors, shooting again, trying to get all he could out of that knot hole. I knew what he was doing of course but to others that might see him he looked looney. Anyone else in the park was taking photos of people.. couples etc.. this man.. knot hole :D

And what I have seen over the last few years as a hobbyist is that anyone that really takes photos, not just snapshops but really tries things.. looks like an idiot to those observing them. All the macro I have done and the positions I have gotten into in public-- LOL. Sunday we took a park walk and there was a guy there with his camera aimed at what was probably a knot hole in a gazebo's wooden upright beam. He must have been there for a long time, moving his reflectors, shooting again, trying to get all he could out of that knot hole. I knew what he was doing of course but to others that might see him he looked looney. Anyone else in the park was taking photos of people.. couples etc.. this man.. knot hole :D

So true, LOL!

Luke, if you're using the K-5iis (you lucky dog!) try the intervalometer. The blinking light on the front of the camera gets faster IIRC so you know when a picture is about to be taken.

Built-in intervalometers is one of the many reasons that I shoot Pentax.

OK, here's my final entry. I had one that much better using about 8 different control points in silver Efex, but when I tried to save it Elements, it was just blocky Atari-style graphics. I'll troubleshoot that problem later. And John, thanks for the tip. But the camera was set up across a fairly busy street so there was no way I was going to keep going back and resetting everything every time. I was trusting that Terry could release the shutter without moving the camera too much.

So I added a bit of motion blur to myself (maybe a touch too much?) and paid more attention to contrast to ensure that Terry (Nick) has more pop and is more clearly the subject. If I were being paid for the job, I'd work on it more. But it was just for fun.
8676029390_f02c5cf576_c.jpg

drakeredobw by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Works better for me. Shadow on the ground is more natural and contrast is stronger now. Blur is not over the top for me and it hides little imperfections just as John suggested. Fun project!

What a cool project Luke!

I like the second version better, but the blur might be a little too strong now. To me, it appears more like an out of focus blur than a motion blur.

That photo is begging to meme-ified.

Luke leaps.png

Back