1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Red London Bus

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Petach, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Petach

Petach Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    The No.15 Bus

RM1941 (ALD 941B) on Heritage Route 15. New to London in 1964 and operated until 1986 when it went to Kelvin Scottish, followed by Stagecoach in 1987. On returning to London it was allocated to Route 23 before being Re-allocated to route 38. In 2008 it was repainted into white relief band and white roundel style.

The shame is....the apparatchiks in London seek to do away with these prize pieces of London history. Sure, they are diesel....but come on! History!

31719627817_60a1b8c689_c.jpg Routemaster Bus London by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  2. rayvonn

rayvonn All-Pro

Jan 19, 2015
    I thought route 9 was a route master too but alas, the number 15 seems to be the only one operating at the moment, well it’s the only one I’ve seen over the last month anyway.

3. tonyturley

tonyturley Hall of Famer

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    The Knight Bus!!

(Sorry, if you're not a Harry Potter fan, the reference will be meaningless. I'm old, but I'm a nerd.)

Take it away, Ernie!

• Funny Funny x 1