Reid Reviews test: Fuji RAF X-Trans Files Converted In Three Current Programs

I read that also. Good to see a software company, seemingly all on their own [?], stepping up and doing a great job on raw conversion.

Are you thinking about switching from Adobe to C1, Stephen?

I read that also. Good to see a software company, seemingly all on their own [?], stepping up and doing a great job on raw conversion.

Are you thinking about switching from Adobe to C1, Stephen?

Hi

I doubt that I would stop using LR. I like its cataloguing, and I feel it's editing tools are excellent - in most cases making photoshop unnecessary. I haven't been shooting much landscape with my X-Pro 1. For most things I am happy with LRs RAW processing. The sensor and lenses are fantastic. great IQ. I am seeing incredible detail and texture, printing beautifully up to 17 x 22.

That said, a few times I have seen the smearing / watercolour thing on landscape shots.

I feel that Phase One, and Fujis push on the X-Trans sensor, are likely to push Adobe to evolve their processing. If not, and if I decide to shoot more landscape with the Fuji, then C1 may well be necessary. Although you will have noticed that Silky did a good job too. Even then, I would just do the basics in C1 and export a TIFF to LR.

$300 is a lot for an application. I have seen it on sale for $199.

Overall I am still in a wait and see mode. That may change. Does all that make any sense? What do you think?

Back