Fuji Reliable converters for Canon FD lenses to the X-E1 (also Nikon Ais for that matter)

steveclem

Hi people,as the title suggests, is it worth taking a gamble on a £10 eBay job or will I be better off on the £100 Novoflex version? Rayqual and Fotodiox are mid range of those two prices but will likely incur tax,duty and handling fees which will bump the price up.
Any recommendations or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks for reading,
Steve

Honestly, buy cheap, buy twice. I have had two forays into the realm of cheapo eBay adaptors. One bound, the other was so loose the lens rattled... And drooped. Now I use Novoflex and Fotodiox.

Would you put £10 tyres on your car and drive it at motorway speeds...?

Sent from another Galaxy

I've got several Fotodiox adapters including one for FD lenses and have had no problems with any of them having used them for several years. In my opinion its not worth spending the money on a Novoflex unless you really demand the absolute best. The cheaper adapters tend to do the same job for less money.

While I usually suggest buying the nicer part when quality is important, the car tire analogy doesn't really make much sense here. If the adaptor fails in some way you're not going to go careening into a highway barrier. No offense meant. The argument to be made here is whether or not the low quality parts will have a deficiency that would cause you problems. Sounds like we have one vote for and one against from people who've used them.

Back