Leica Religions can COEXIST after all !

XVARIOR

Regular
Took this picture while driving by Martyrs Square Beirut. A huge Christmas Tree in front of the biggest Mosque in Lebanon.
A scene that strongly symbolise religion coexistence or at least, it shows us how simple and beautiful coexisting can be.

Leica XVario 1/50 sec; f/3.5; ISO 200

Attachments

• L1002500.jpg
    L1002500.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
If only it was so easy. I try to think of things responsible for more violence and death than religion over history and sadly, the only other item I think comes close (a distant second) is money.

If only it was so easy. I try to think of things responsible for more violence and death than religion over history and sadly, the only other item I think comes close (a distant second) is money.

Reason why Freud saw religion as the opium of the masses!

Nice and meaningful shot! This is the way it should be.

For me, religion has the power to do good and evil.... Its the humans on this planet that are the problem. If religion wasn't around to be the great instrument of destruction, humans surely will find another.

The five classic elements of Wicca; Spirit, Water, Air, Earth, Fire. Three elements that make up everyone and everything around us. A notion that should be a uniting and tolerant power . It was those that seek to divide and disarm a false threat that associated Wicca with evil, worked it into writings, associated their symbol with the one turned on end, and even made childhood stories to influence young minds. Just one example in which religion is simply an instrument.... for good and evil.

Back