Animals Know Your Reptiles

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
I'm working toward a Master Naturalist certification in WV. This weekend was all about reptiles, specifically turtles and snakes. The facilitator was a very knowledgeable gentleman who has spent his entire 45 year career as an educator and herpetologist. I didn't get any turtle pics, but plenty of our slithering friends . . . including the largest Timber Rattlesnake I have ever seen. A Copperhead bite will cause lots of nausea, swelling, and extreme pain - a Rattlesnake bite has a high chance of being lethal if not treated promptly. Fortunately, our only native rattler isn't known for being aggressive.

All taken with an X-T1 + XF 18-55.

TT

DSCF0135a.jpg

DSCF0140a.jpg

DSCF0142a.jpg

DSCF0145a.jpg

DSCF0152a.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this post of yours is an older one, Tony - but it's such a great one, I wanted to go on the record and say how much I am appreciating it, years after the fact, when I finally am looking it your reptilian images. Also, and forgive my ignorance, but - have you in fact achieved your certification as a WV Master Naturalist?

I know this post of yours is an older one, Tony - but it's such a great one, I wanted to go on the record and say how much I am appreciating it, years after the fact, when I finally am looking it your reptilian images. Also, and forgive my ignorance, but - have you in fact achieved your certification as a WV Master Naturalist?
Yes, I finished the program about 3 years ago.

Back