RESULT ----45th SC Challenge - Happiness Is................?

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
Happiness.......in short supply at the moment. Rolling 24hr news brings continual strife to our screens and to our ears. The economy, crime, war, cold war, starvation, Isis, Brexit, North Korea to name but a few.

What or where is your refuge for a minute, an hour, a day .....week.... month, or year. The cosy spot you retreat to with a good book and a cup of tea or glass of.....what? Who do you turn to for good cheer, for a great time. How do you forget the troubles and just immerse yourself in happiness no matter how brief or how long? Where or what is your happiness?

Interpretation is wide open!

The rules:
The challenge will run for 3 weeks, until 25th November at midnight GMT. I have taken the liberty of giving an extra week as happiness is in short supply and we may need to rustle some up. I'll give warning/reminders closer to the date.

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon

Good hunting!

Pete

They say "Money cannot buy happiness" but money can buy beer and BEER = HAPPINESS!!! Especially this beer, it is chock full of hops and it's a scientifical fact that hoppy-ness pretty much directly translates to happiness... :D

IMG_0079.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

They say "Money cannot buy happiness" but money can buy beer and BEER = HAPPINESS!!! Especially this beer, it is chock full of hops and it's a scientifical fact that hoppy-ness pretty much directly translates to happiness... :D

View attachment 130119

A good 1st photo for this challenge. What is not to like about a beer? From the "ppppsshhhhhtt" as you open the can or bottle, to the anticipation as you lift it to your lips....or seeing the fizz rise up in the glass, the whisper of minuscule bubbles popping, then the taste. Yep, happiness is a beer or three....but a fine line between happiness and "the morning after the night before" will be the judge. If you hit your head on a low door entry you try never to do it again. Not so with a beer....we keep coming back for more! Interesting POV for the bottle, against a blue and cloudy sky, a brick wall and some grass. Was that your POV after 1 too many? :0)

View attachment 130129

Happiness arrived this morning, all 7lbs of her..... our first grandchild, Lucy Kathryn Violet..... :)
whoa! Just got back from camera club opened up the Mac and saw this one. Nearly cried! That is such a lovely shot. Enough detail in mum behind that silky blur, the jaunty cap on the baby and that innocent face underneath it all. Superb tones and colours. Your 1st Grandchild.....you must be so proud. They are great fun and I hope you have a lot of love and fun filled closeness over the coming years. It's a special time....becoming a Grandparent.

Ha ha, the cat looks like it is part of the furniture. They always know the best spot for that warmth. If the cat wasn't there I'd be there myself ....listening to music.....some T Bone Walker possibly. Love that sensation where you know that in a couple of seconds you will drift off and forget life's travails for that time. Do you have to fight for that seat?

Happiness is a party.....yeah. Part of the happiness is the preparation.......going out and buying stuff. Really gaudy, bright colourful stuff that says PARTY......not funeral. Balloons, noisy plastic whistles, masks, decorations, sweets high in chemicals to whip the kids up into hyper mode. Party....where 10 or 20 or 50 years later you look at the photos an remember how MUCH fun you had then.

Happiness is...

Your own special birthday cupcake -

On your 2nd birthday. When you have attained the impossible ancient age of 2 years old. And when the best thing in the universe...is the bite of birthday cupcake that you have just taken.

View attachment 130194

Ahhhhh, this is where the happiness is shared around the whole family. Not just the one devouring the sweet and gooey confection. Do you nibble the icing and then the cake underneath....or do the whole lot in one go? Who "Helps" the little one eat it? Who licks the hanky to wipe their face? The cup cake.......big happiness in a small package!

Happiness is...

View attachment 130294Skye by bartjeej, on Flickr

... when you're in a beautiful place, and she says Yes :cloud-9-039: 2 weeks ago, in Scotland

Wowzer! I didn't think this thread would produce such a "happiness". Engaged? I didn't think people did this anymore.....just straight into marriage without the "Pit Stop" en route. A wonderful place to propose, and a great answer. Congratulations!

I Like the juxtaposition of the hands with the ring and the view. One to print and put on the wall.

Happiness....It's looking forward to sharing your (hopefully long) life with someone special.

Back