Retrospective 7 II or Wotancraft Pilot 7L

Real Name
David
@MoonMind, @Bobby Tingle, @mnhoj

So the plot thickens.

According to Think Tank the 7M was in fact a special B&H version. I was waiting for more information from B&H that does not seem to have come (or I missed it and deleted it out my junk email).
It closely resembles the Retrospective 7, but less a few key features The 7M does NOT have: Laptop Sleeve / Zippered opening to main compartment tucks-away when not in use / Rear zippered pocket.
It does still have the tuck away Hook-and-loop “Sound Silencers” and the front tablet pocket. And I don't care about the laptop sleeve, actually I'd rather not have it. Smaller and lighter is better IMHO

So is loosing the zippered top along with 2 inches in width and 1/2 pound worth it since I can find them on eBay for at least $50 less? Do you guys find you use the zippered top? I had a Retro 5 and don't recall ever feeling like the flap wasn't secure (as in would let things fall out).

Thoughts?

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Real Name
John
I actually forgot it was there. Pulled it out and zipped it. Unzipped it, put it back and that's where it'll stay.
A lighter, cheaper 7 would be amazing imo.

This thread actually prompted me to order a used F-Stop Shibata.
I had one years ago and regretted selling it.
It's a very basic bag with a similar size.
Soft sided and easy to work out of.

Real Name
David
I actually forgot it was there. Pulled it out and zipped it. Unzipped it, put it back and that's where it'll stay.
A lighter, cheaper 7 would be amazing imo.

This thread actually prompted me to order a used F-Stop Shibata.
I had one years ago and regretted selling it.
It's a very basic bag with a similar size.
Soft sided and easy to work out of.
I've looked at the Shibata a few times, but finding them for sale? Where did you find one?

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Real Name
John
I've looked at the Shibata a few times, but finding them for sale? Where did you find one?
FM.
They've been discontinued for years. 2014?
F-stop ran a blowout for $45ish plus shipping. It created a some buzz then.
I see them every so often. This one is in good condition and the light tan color I like.
$45 including shipping - not bad especially with the high cost of shipping bags.

I'll post some shots when it arrives. Maybe a vs. R7ii.
I bet if you ran a want to buy, someone might remember they have one in the back of the closet.

Latest threads

Top Bottom