Revuenon Special 35mm f2.8 m42

Coksic

Regular
Oct 29, 2019
Belgrade, Serbia
Mladen Čoko
I bought this lens 5 years ago, for 15 eur. At the time, I thought it might surprise me with image quality. It did.. Not necessarily in a good way. At that time, I had a Samsung NX1000, mirrorless camera. I wanted to test the lens, and see what the images would look like. Wide open, there isn't much resolution, but, with very interesting out of focus rendering.
_SAM6763-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_SAM6556.jpg

Stopped down, I didn't get much better image quality. Images were fuzzy and without much resolution and sharpness.
_SAM6350.jpg
_SAM6736-Edit.jpg

After a couple of weeks of ''playing'' with the lens, I didn't use it at all, until I got my Fujifilm X-E1, recently. Having only several old manual focusing lenses, including this Revuenon, I decided to give it another try. After using it on several occasions, I think it performs better than with Samsung. At least, stopped down to f8 or even f11.
00008774.jpg

00008788-2.jpg

The edges are still soft, even on a crop sensor, but there seems to be more resolution, at least to my eyes. All in all, I would say that it is an interesting, cheap lens, with a bit of character.

00008954.jpg

00008958.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom