Pentax Ricoh Announcement - update K-3 Mk III new info

gordo

Top Veteran
Real Name
Gordon
Ricoh is making an announcement regarding the rumored APS-C flagship at their event on the 21st. Even includes what looks like a prototype photo.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

TOKYO, September 20, 2019-RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce a preview showing of the PENTAX K mount digital SLR camera at the "PENTAX Meeting 100th Anniversary Special" scheduled to be held Japan from September 21st.

The K series digital SLR camera currently under development will be exhibited at the PENTAX fan event.|RICOH IMAGING

gordo

Top Veteran
Real Name
Gordon
LOL I haven't been this excited about an upcoming camera announcement since the K-1. Realistically, based on Pentax's previous APS-C bodies, I doubt the viewfinder will play well enough with my eyes. Color me "cautiously optimistic".

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Real Name
Sue
Good description of how I feel Gordo. Waiting to see what the specs really are (and how heavy it will be.)... I'd have to sell a lot of cameras to fund the purchase, if I decided to jump.

gordo

Top Veteran
Real Name
Gordon
I've been browsing back through DPR's Pentax forum... being as that is such a gear focused place, people have been griping about the release for, oh, like two years now! I feel for Pentaxians with GAS. Hahah.

I think some who still shoot Pentax may have been cured of GAS... :cautious:

For me, not so much GAS, but I need to make a decision before next airshow season starts (post-covid). I'm really hoping they upped their game WRT AF tracking performance, buffer depth and buffer clearing.

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
I've had several Pentax cameras, and there were some things I liked, like some very nice lenses. If they could make a digital FF version of the film MX and keep it the same size and mount, with an absolute minimum of functions, it would be a sweet camera.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
I think Pentax could have done really well with mirrorless but they went off in a few odd directions and just didn't have the resources to absorb the failures. The K01 was close but lacked an EVF and it was a bit bigger than other mirrorless bodies, mostly mu43 stuff by Olympus and Panasonic. I think they could have been very much like Fuji. Heaven knows they had the knack for small lenses.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom