Ricoh Ricoh GR III

Well I was sort of expecting this . Email from my dealer to say shipment from Ricoh delayed. They are now saying they are expecting delivery on Monday or Tuesday at the latest ! That means I might not get it until next Wednesday .
I’ve just screamed and screamed until I was sick 🤢

Well I was sort of expecting this . Email from my dealer to say shipment from Ricoh delayed. They are now saying they are expecting delivery on Monday or Tuesday at the latest ! That means I might not get it until next Wednesday .
Well, I am not expecting mine until the 25th :( Thanks Amazon...

Interesting, they're being a bit more open about it here in Australia and now just refer to the delivery as "April". Could be May for all I know. It's ok, the II still works.

I had a quick look. I did notice the 3 has lost the 2’s ability to pause recording a movie.
I don’t do a lot of videos but that was a handy function to have.
(edit) also it doesn’t appear that you can’t switch the touch screen on and off
Using fn buttons or adj lever.

The adj lever . Move left or right to bring up exposure comp And push in to bring up functions . I’m going to have big problem with that. On the GR2 I just turned off the direct iso control and had functions only. My big numb builder thumbs have big problems with push and turn switches. This is the reason I didn’t get on with Panasonic and Fuji.
I always push to hard or not hard enough to bring up the settings I want.
Now as I use exposure compensation a lot , I just know I’ll be selecting functions a lot of the time instead.
I’ll be giving this some thought but I may cancel my order today

Last edited:
I had a quick look. I did notice the 3 has lost the 2’s ability to pause recording a movie.
I don’t do a lot of videos but that was a handy function to have.
(edit) also it doesn’t appear that you can’t switch the touch screen on and off
Using fn buttons or adj lever.

The adj lever . Move left or right to bring up exposure comp And push in to bring up functions . I’m going to have big problem with that. On the GR2 I just turned off the direct iso control and had functions only. My big numb builder thumbs have big problems with push and turn switches. This is the reason I didn’t get on with Panasonic and Fuji.
I always push to hard or not hard enough to bring up the settings I want.
Now as I use exposure compensation a lot , I just know I’ll be selecting functions a lot of the time instead.
I’ll be giving this some thought but I may cancel my order today
I prefer to be able to flip functions between dials, it does seem from a cursory reading that it's not as customizable as I'd like. I prefer the front dial to be exposure comp as it's the most pleasantly tactile input. Looks like you can only flip ADJ and the dial between shutter and aperture in M:

Personally I think power on-off was no elephant, a pygmy goat at best -- but regardless, it's very fast now!
I assume you mean it's fast on the GR? It sure wasn't on the LX100 vII I tried.

"Elephants" are quantum creatures. They only exist relative to your own preferences.

Here's mine: Can you turn that bloody touchscreen off? I'm not ordering until I know.
On / off is the big bull elephant for me, especially with the LX. I like how Fuji has the screen on/off. They keep the screen button active even when the rest of the screen is off. Makes it easy if you want it off, but you can turn it on quickly to adjust settings if you want or use the AF at odd angles.

Back