Ricoh Ricoh GXR + 28mm module

matthewm

Regular
Jun 23, 2011
Sumter/Charleston, SC
Matthew Morse
I've only had my GXR for a couple of weeks (I know... late to the game), but I'm smitten. I can't even consider replacing it at this point. I originally had the new GR on pre-order, but after spending some time with the A12 28/2.5 Module, I just couldn't justify it, especially considering I paid about half of what I would have on the GR. Anyway... After a couple of weeks, here are a few images from my new favorite camera kit:

C&C always appreciated! :D

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
Great shots! I really like the last one, and I'm not really partial to B&W. The first two go together really well, by the way - if you ever print them, you should consider putting them up just like they're displayed on the page now (or you could make a digital collage ofcourse)!

matthewm

Regular
Jun 23, 2011
Sumter/Charleston, SC
Matthew Morse
Great shots! I really like the last one, and I'm not really partial to B&W. The first two go together really well, by the way - if you ever print them, you should consider putting them up just like they're displayed on the page now (or you could make a digital collage ofcourse)!
Thanks! I hadn't thought of printing them before, but they do sort of look good displayed how they are. I never really looked at them together. Might have to make space on the wall for them. :D

BigNebs

Rookie
Sep 6, 2014
Lovely shots!
I have just finally taken the leap into the GXR system - having found a cheap deal on the camera body & A12 50mm & A12 M Mount on ebay & then the A12 28mm cheap from another seller & the viewfinder from yet another seller. All good prices.
I was very very tempted to get the GXR a few years ago but instead opted for the Canon Eos 7d. Now - I'm seeking a lighter more portable & 'fun' alternative & came running back to the GXR which I have always had a secret crush on!

What focussing mode did you use here to capture such clarity on those bees & flowers?

Any helpful hints, heads ups & advice on my upcoming GXR foray would be so appreciated!

Cheers & look forward to sharing some shots :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom