Ricoh Ricoh GXR + 28mm module

Sharing some streetshots from Cebu,Philippines

8403070715_1bf791927f.jpg

Mystery Leg

8403070385_b0b7daf998.jpg

Sto. Nino Devotion

8403070145_5faefc0f85.jpg

Peanuts anyone?

I stumbled onto a GXR set via DPR that was done almost exclusively with the 28 (a couple with a legacy 15) in Nepal. They're uniformly good with several absolutely amazing images in there. Worth checking out of you've got a couple of minutes, for sure.

Kathmandu | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

-Ray

They were great. Kathmandu is one of the coolest places that I have been to, and Nepal itself is rugged and beautiful. It's one of those places that is still remote and rough enough that the other foreigners you meet there aren't just tourists, they're travellers. One thing that I have to say though is that while these were a great set of b&w images, Nepal is a place that you can only truly appreciate in colour.

They were great. Kathmandu is one of the coolest places that I have been to, and Nepal itself is rugged and beautiful. It's one of those places that is still remote and rough enough that the other foreigners you meet there aren't just tourists, they're travellers. One thing that I have to say though is that while these were a great set of b&w images, Nepal is a place that you can only truly appreciate in colour.

My wife and daughter spent a couple of months in Katmandu in 2008, doing volunteer work with some of the Nepalese orphans. And did a few short trips from there. They're not great photographers, but they took some pretty wonderful shots there - the place is so beautiful. I agree that you get more of a feel for the place in color, but his B&W photography is so good, I'm glad he shot them this way.

-Ray

Back