Ricoh GXR - Auto Bracketing/HDR (Mountain Palace)

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
Thought I'd share another photo from our visit to the Biltmore Estate at the end of October that I don't think I've posted here yet.

I had a small amount of time to take this photo as there were still plenty of tourists in the area. The sun was low providing that great late afternoon early evening warm light. But it was coming from over my left shoulder.

I wanted to get the detail in the vines and lattice work over the walkway on the left side of the image plus get the proper exposure on the sky and house too.

Quickly I decided to let the camera decide the main exposure and I set up the Auto Bracketing to underexpose and overexpose by 2 stops (the limit that can be set in camera).

I also did not have a tripod as I haven't found one yet that will collapse and fit in my front pocket ;) Normally using a tripod would be the proper method for taking bracketed photos that you planned on merging in a HDR application.

I did my best to decrease the Tonal Compression to the least possible to minimize (what some dislike about HDR photos) the HDR look.

Once I got home I processed these three images in Nik HDR Pro and this was the result:

The%2BBiltmore.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back