Ricoh Ricoh GXR - Hotel Lobby

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
As we're approaching the end of February, somehow I've managed to keep my PAD going on my blog. Here's one I took yesterday before leaving the hotel we were staying. Ricoh GXR with Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

day-52-2012.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

How do you like the M mount module? Do you find it's easy to manual focus with?

There's only a few occasions depending on the light where it was hard focusing. Wide open can be a challenge with F/2.0 to get exact focus. But then I'm not shooting sports or fast moving children either.

Often I'm closing down and using zone focusing too.

OK, that's good to know. I really like my GXR and am mainly a 28-50mm person, but I wanted to get something a bit longer. F2.0 is fine with me. I'm not a sports or moving child shooter either. :)

I started using the GXR again last weekend after a long spell with the X100. I hadn't really used the 50 module for macro before. It's very good.

I have the Leica Elmarit 90mm 2.8 on my list or the Rokkor 90 f/4.0 for a little more reach. I see the Voight 75 in my future too along with their 15mm.

Those are some amazing colors there Duane!!! Lots of depth too! Straight out of the camera JPG's?

I have the Voigtlander 75/2.5 on the screwmount. It's an excellent lens on the M9!!! It's cheap too (relatively speaking to the Leica and Zeiss counterparts). I haven't tried out the Voigtlander 75/1.8 yet.

Those are some amazing colors there Duane!!! Lots of depth too! Straight out of the camera JPG's?

I have the Voigtlander 75/2.5 on the screwmount. It's an excellent lens on the M9!!! It's cheap too (relatively speaking to the Leica and Zeiss counterparts). I haven't tried out the Voigtlander 75/1.8 yet.

I'm a NIK plugin guy so I ran this one thru Color Efex Pro and used the detail extractor filter along with the warming filter. I liked how I could pull out the pattern in the wall paper and I did add a bit of saturation to the colors.

Back