Ricoh Ricoh GXR - Vegas Shopping Mode

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
Had a couple days layover in Vegas. Headed over to the Fashion Show Mall and thought I'd share this one:

Woman%2BShopping.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The quintessential shopper - great the high contrast, her silhouette is, of course, lovely - but that background with the chandelier and the highlights are, for me, what really sets this image off, Duane.

Hope you stayed away from the gambling tables!:D

The quintessential shopper - great the high contrast, her silhouette is, of course, lovely - but that background with the chandelier and the highlights are, for me, what really sets this image off, Duane.

Hope you stayed away from the gambling tables!:D

Do you call Amazon online staying away from gambling tables BBW? I'm not sure as there's only one direction funds can go via Amazon online. At least you have a chance to get some money back gambling!!

Thanks for the nice comments. I did have to work the photo a bit to get it to look the way I wanted to see the image.

Very nice Duane. I think I noted elsewhere that you don't do a lot of street photography, but when you do, you do it well. This is surely an example of that!

-Ray

Thank you Ray. I don't know if I would call this street photography but I happened to be at the right spot for this one. And it was an interesting discussion elsewhere. No point in stirring that pot again. ;)

Very nice, Duane. Did you use in camera B&W or convert afterwords?

The GXR has really come into its own on this site!

Morning Dan, I worked this one over pretty good in Silver Efex Pro. I did my cropping in Aperture before sending the color DNG file to Silver Efex Pro. I began the edit using the soft sepia preset and worked from there.

As BBW noted she like the chandelier. The area above the woman's head was blown out and was able to put a control point there and pull that little bit of detail out.

I also used control points around her shadow to emphasize that area some more and I burned the left, right and bottom to center the eyes attention away from some distractions there.

Hope this helps.

Back