Ricoh Imaging US - Refurb GR IIIx for $749.

We'll find out. It's a camera I've never owned. I've considered it a couple of times in addition to the Nikon A, and Fuji X70.

Only down side is it won't be here in time for the Single in challenge.
It has taken me a real amount of time growing fully accustomed to the 40mm equivalent lens. My reflexes were tuned to the 28mm lens and initially I still thought in wide angle, so to speak. But now that I've had it for about 8 months, I'm getting a lot closer to comfortable with it. I think the ideal for many people (myself included) was to have something like a Rollei 35 or one of the compact 40mm film rangefinders in a sleek modern digital form. I'm finally growing into that thinking with the IIIx.

I do like the 28mme, but I also like 40mme, we'll see. I did a full challenge with the Pen F and P20, I also did a month compare between the P20 and PL25 finding that I like the P20 view more.
I've long been accustomed to the 40mm equiv via the Panasonic 20mm, it's more the form factor that made it hard for me to wrap my head around it. Strictly because of muscle memory with the 28mm GR. 40mm is my single favorite focal length for my kind of shooting.

Sadly no shipping to Canada… :(
Ricoh seems to have their own online store in the US, EU and UK, but no luck for Canada… Ah well, safes me from myself :)

Also noticed this when adding to the cart. A shame, as I’ve been eyeing a GRiiix to add as a compact.

I’ve had the GR and GRiii, both excellent, and expect the same of the iiix in focal length I prefer.

Last edited:
So,,,,,

The guy that bought the GR originally didn't reset the copyright, neither did Ricoh. Not a thing wrong, just preferred his 28mme GR III.
In case my silly joke wasn’t clear: I didn’t think anything was wrong with the camera :) I just jokingly suggested you should “return” it (to my address)

Congrats on the new camera - I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it!

Back