Ricoh Ricoh size question

corygrunk

I'm looking for a compact to replace my old Canon G9. I'm really impressed with what I've read about the GR. How is the size of the GR for walking around? I've always hated the heavy brick form factor that is the Canon G series. I don't have a Ricoh dealer near me where I can hold the camera. Any former G users that have the GR?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

The last Canon G I used was a G7, but I do have a GR. Despite its small size it "sticks" to your hand as if born there. All in all a very rewarding and tactile experience.

Sent from another Galaxy

The Ricoh's size is "correct". I've used smaller cameras, like the Rx100 and the LX5, and I've used larger cameras like the X100. Nothing comes close to the GR in sheer carrying comfort.
Rajiv nailed it! (y)
Many other cameras are bigger, heavier, fatter, etc., and are too much so.
Many other cameras are smaller, lighter, thinner, etc., and are too much so.
There is nothing like the GR in one hand - both in handling, feel and operation (OK maybe the GR1 series comes close ;))
Hold one and you will quickly know if it is right for you.
Also.
First camera I have owned where I didn't crave a viewfinder
First digital camera I have owned where I don't wish for better image quality (and I have owned FF) - the best way I have found to describe it is that the file are not plastic but very elastic.

Amazingly small. Easily pocketable in a jacket or coat pocket. The form factor is just a bit wider but imho no deeper than the old 'candy bar' style of mobile phone which was popular about 10 years ago

LouisB

Back