Right, but I have a 1D ...

biglouis

Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
...which is why I don't have either a 1D or a 5DmkIII... but some serious compacts!

LouisB

porchard

Veteran
Feb 3, 2013
Devon, UK
As someone who has owned both, and who part-traded his 1D MkII for a Fuji x100, this video raised a smile. :)

The smile is mainly because I'm so pleased to have moved into serious compacts in a big way, and the 5D is just a residual piece of kit which I still own, but which gets used only once in a while. That said, it's still a very good camera, but it simply doesn't get used as much because it's TOO BIG, and TOO HEAVY!!:eek:

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, a "1d" is some kind of camera? Is that right?

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
N Only the real "oldies" on here can remember it
Blimey, you only need to be over (about) 45, which hardly counts as "real old" ... :eek: ... well it had better not count, otherwise I must be pretty much ready for my long box ...

porchard

Veteran
Feb 3, 2013
Devon, UK
Blimey, you only need to be over (about) 45, which hardly counts as "real old" ... :eek: ... well it had better not count, otherwise I must be pretty much ready for my long box ...
Hmmmmm, 45... I can (just) remember being that age. OTOH, I remember decimalisation day quite well.

Oh well, it looks as though short term memory.....er... um .... what was the question again? :confused::biggrin:

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Loved the vid... had a similar conversation with someone who has TWO 1Ds. For shooting the odd landscape etc. She was unimpressed that I prefer compacts and my K5 (less of that now) and she would be downright dismissive of the Nikon 1 stuff :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom