Rio Grande Kayak Trip

merlin

All-Pro
Name
Merlin Emrys
Despite some smoke from a distant forest fire, the weather was warm and sunny. Lots of herons, turkey vultures, ravens, and even an osprey.

A fierce wind kicked up on our return, and it was an excellent early-season test of our stamina and skill.

X30F2560_lzn.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

X30F2549_lzn.jpg

X30F2550_lzn.jpg

X30F2561_lzn.jpg

X30F2552_lzn.jpg

X30F2559_lzn.jpg

X30F2548_lzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicely done again Merlin, Nos 2+4 appeal to me!

Do you ever take shots from your kayak?

Thanks, Mike! I thought you might like #3. I included it to give a sense of scale.

I used to take photos from my kayak when I was using the Canon, because if it fell overboard it would not be a great loss. But with the X30 I am lots more careful, especially since it has been discontinued by Fuji. Mostly the photographs with that camera are taken from our lunch stops.

Another issue is the river current. By the time I can get the camera out, the kayak has already drifted 100 metres downstream!

Merlin, I like em all but those two stood out for me. (y)

I'm full of admiration of you and your lady that at a reasonably advanced age, have the get up and go to partake of these natural sights and experiences! (Jealous really):2thumbs:

Merlin, I like em all but those two stood out for me. (y)

I'm full of admiration of you and your lady that at a reasonably advanced age, have the get up and go to partake of these natural sights and experiences! (Jealous really):2thumbs:

Much appreciate your kind comments as always, Mike! Yes, we are indeed very fortunate to still have the good old get-up-and-go for these activities.

Back