Fuji Rokinon Canon lenses on Fuji X?

Crashwins

Regular
anyone have any experience with these? I have some tack sharp copies - the 85 and the 35 f1.4, both for Canon. Wondering how they'd do on a Fuji body since they're full manual and aperture is controlled on the lens. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot mobile app

Samyang announced that they plan to offer the entire lens lineup with X-Mount, but if you already have lenses with another mount, you can still use them with another adapter.

Great. But are they good performers as adapted lenses? That's great news btw.

I would expect they would be just as good on the Fuji X system as on the Canon - which is exceptional. I would think that focus peaking would make these lenses very nice to use.

Awesome. Really appreciate the help. Any suggestions on an adapter? I guess it could be a simple one as aperture control isn't like other EOS lenses.

Bump - anyone have advice on a Canon -> Fuji adapter where I don't need electronic aperture control (eg, the Rokinons)? Thanks

Well, whilst you don't have to pay top dollar for something usable, I have to say I tried a cheapie from eBay once... It was so badly made my lens not only rattled, it drooped... Buy cheap, buy twice, I would say.

Sent from another Galaxy

I've had several in m4/3 and fuji x. They do occasionally come with intolerable variances (5% of the time) but buying thru Amazon or Rainbowimaging ( Ebay) gives you free flexibility in exchanging. But if you want to spend $75-$150 for a relatively simple piece of metal, by all means.

Fair enough. I take the attitude that I'm connecting hundreds of pounds worth of lens to hundreds of pounds worth of camera to get good images. I'd rather do so with something machined to OEM tolerances rather than a ring cut out with tin snips and finished with a nail-file...;)

Sent from another Galaxy

I'm in agreement, unless it's an adapter for a cheap lens. I have a Novoflex adapter for my Mark 2 before and it was lightyears beyond the Fotodiox one. I was just wondering about specific adapter for Canon and Fuji and I wasn't seeing many.

Back