Roman monochrome

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
It has taken me ages to process the shots from our honeymoon in Rome. As I went through I realised that I had a significant number of shots that lent themselves to the mono treatment. See what you think:)

I thinking a newly married man in such surroundings must have felt like he was in heaven.
Very nice black and white treatments.

Those are wonderful Bill!!

We just returned from Rome, and it's nice to be able to look at your photos and descriptions and relate immediately to not only the sights and names, but to the atmosphere and even the smell of the places!

When were you there? We were there from 12/23-12/27, and stayed very near Campo de Fiori. It was about 3 minutes walking distance to Campo de Fiori from our flat at Via de Farnesi.

Thank you all. It's a wonderful city - we were not there long enough to truly do it justice. That Colosseum shot was with the 14mm - a lens I grew to like a lot while there. Our honeymoon was in the first week of November - still in the 70s, with glorious blue skies for most of our stay. Our hotel had a roof terrace for breakfast, with a great view of the dome of St Peter's through the trees. Incidentally, we paid for the services of a private guide for the Vatican Museums and St Peter's - worth every penny to skip the queues and for the wealth of insight he provided. You can skip the queues in the Colosseum too, if you have a smartphone - scan the QR codes at the entrance and go straight in to pick up your tickets ;)

Sent from another Galaxy

I like them too, how do you process for b & W. I still have my XE1 but can't get the b & w output to my liking :confused: The Colosseum shot and the market shots are lovely. I guess the honeymoon's over now..... ;)

Thank you. Actually, today is our 3-month anniversary. I'm spending it laid up with a dose of man-'flu and Becky is supervising an electrician! :p

My b&w workflow these days is Elements => Topaz B&W Effects. Rome was my first big use of Topaz, and I have to say it does the job with a minimum of tweaking on top of the extensive library of presets.

Sent from another Galaxy

Back