Rome with the X100

BigTam

Regular
Name
Ron
Didn't have much time to shoot, so I took my X100 instead of my m43 kit. Didn't regret it: here are some images.

RHP_2013_10_Rom_Nils_Svenja_026_DxO.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RHP_2013_10_Rom_Nils_Svenja_080_DxO.jpg

RHP_2013_10_Rom_Nils_Svenja_097_DxO.jpg

RHP_2013_10_Rom_Nils_Svenja_115_DxO.jpg

RHP_2013_10_Rom_Nils_Svenja_133_DxO.jpg

RHP_2013_10_Rom_Nils_Svenja_177_DxO.jpg

I didn't have much time, as I was with my wife, her nephew and his (new) wife, so I mostly shot in P-mode, DR and ISO on auto, everything else mostly on default.

Used exposure comp quite often, especially on the night shots.

That's a side aisle in Santa Maria Maggiore. The legend goes that Mother Mary appeared to both the Pope and a Roman dignitary in a dream one August night, telling them to build a church in her honour on the spot where snow fell the next day (in Rome, in August!).

Well, Ron, this just goes to show what a great camera the X100 is and I commend you for using the P mode, etc. You know what a good camera with high ISO capabilities like the X100 can do so much coupled with the good eye of the photographer. I'm so glad you just let her rip! I'd seen the nightlife shot in another thread and am glad to see it here in its larger version. It's also great to see Romulus and Remus doing their thing.:biggrin_old: I'm sure you had a great time!

Bill, many happy returns and I know you'll have a fantastic honeymoon!:flowers_2::2thumbs:

Back