Royal International Air Tattoo

Iansky

All-Pro
We have had the big airshow over the weekend but rather than join the throngs going on Sat / Sun I decided to take Fri off and a colleague and myself went to one of the Pay to View sites to grab some of the aircraft flying in / practicing on Fri.

Alas it was another dull and dismal start only brightening up later in the afternoon when the flying was coming to a close - it was a day of flying between 1100 - 1500hrs with a few cancellations due to weather!

Once again I took the X-Pro2 + 100-400mm and the location did not require the 1.4 tele convertor.

Sorry once more for an image heavy post.
Riat 3.jpg
Riat 8.jpg
Riat 12 .jpg
Riat 13.jpg
Riat 15.jpg
Riat 18.jpg
Riat 20.jpg
Riat 21.jpg
Riat 22.jpg
Riat 25.jpg

Thank you both, it was a good day despite the overcast weather and really pleased to see the F35 & F22 in the flesh. We did alas not have a full day of flying but so pleased with the performance of the XPro2+100-400mm.

I'm off to Farnborough on the Sunday. It's only 2 miles up the road from where I live, so it would be rude not to... The 100-400 is a must, as is the 18-135 and 14, for the static stuff. I shall take the X-Pro2, the X-E2 as backup, three spare cards and five spare batteries... ;)

That should be enough Bill, the 100-400 is stunning on the XPro2 using zone and high speed shooting (I can now manage to limit it to 3 frames fairly consistently).
I did read that the Reds are just doing a flyover not a full display due to the fallout from Shoreham disaster.
I look forward to seeing the results and hope you have a great day - I spent quite a few years based in Aldershot back in the day so know the area well.

Back