Royal International Air Tattoo

Iansky

All-Pro
I went with a friend to one of the Park & View sites on Friday and the weather was kind if not a little changeable, the aircraft were right overhead so a good location for photos.

Used the XT2+100-400 and even though I am happy with the results, I am becoming frustated with the AFC and have decided to go back to Nikon for my sport shooting and keep a couple of my Fuji's for street / walkabout work.

These are some of my images from the day, full set here - 571 Photography

DSCF0585-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0598-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0636-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0661-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0698-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0740-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0789-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0832-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0959-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF1041-FrameShop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That's a great selection of pics there! I'd be proud to have taken just one of them.
Re the Fuji X-T2 for serious use - I have found it to be too unreliable for the odd social event I'm occasionally asked to cover. I don't charge - the events are generally for friends' anniversaries, a few acquaintances who run a small business or two, art gallery openings and a local town councilor who asks me to cover some of their functions. I used to cover weddings back in the day of celluloid and manual focus. I loved the challenge of 'getting it right' in camera and capturing 'the moment'. The X-T1 / 10 series is too slow to focus and the X-T2 is just too unreliable - failure to focus / fire when a flash is mounted, far too fiddly to adjust settings when panning from a backlit setting to frontal lighting etc. For those events I'm back to my Nikon D7100.
I do love the Fuji IQ, but I'll keep that for my landscapes, portraits, travel and street stuff.

David, I agree completely and as much as I love the IQ of the Fuji. the focus just does not work for me and I have recently traded in my primary kit and picked up the Nikon D500............what can I say but Wow, what an amazing camera and it meets and exceeds all my expectations.

I do still have and love my X100s and the miniscule X70 that will remain with me but need to have a camera I can rely on for fast moving subject matter.

I've considered trading up from the D7100 to the D500 (or even the D7500) but every time I use the D7100 I find it does all I need from a camera. it really is an old friend...hard to part with.

Back