Fuji Rumor - Fuji X100s and X20

Be interesting to see how this shakes out. It also indicates that the X20 will have an X-Trans sensor, presumably still in the 2/3" size. Which presumably means the end of EXR? Maybe, I'm not really sure if they could or would do an X-Trans sensor with EXR pixel binning??? A lot more to be learned about these. I can guess the X100s will be an unqualified winner (by my criteria) assuming they also fix one or two of the remaining interface quirks (give it a Q menu - make the auto ISO like the others in the line, etc). But the X20 sounds like it may represent a total change in approach, which could be really interesting. I'm really fascinated by how the compact camera market is shaking out right now, as various makers start to try to address the shot across the bow represented by the RX100. I hate the RX100, but I'm deeply grateful to Sony for putting it out there - its sure to improve the breed!

But, yeah, the X20 does look wonderful in Silver!

-Ray

Hybrid AF looks like it while become more and more common, although so far Nikon seems to have been the only company to have actually made it work to an advantage.

I also have to say that while I didn't think all that the X10 looked like all that much in black, the X20 in silver does look great.

Mmmmmm Tasty, I love my X100 and an updated version can only be a good thing - the retro look is still very much in demand.

It will also be interesting to see if Fuji do as they hinted at and produce a full frame camera soon and what style they go for.

Interesting times ahead - thanks Fuji for getting my GAS going!

hmmm my favorite camera wish (weatherproofing or other ruggedizing measures in a pocketable high-quality camera) is still not becoming reality, although the OM-D comes really close...
For the X100s, I'd be pretty happy already if they gave it some more realiability, I've just heard too much complaints about the original X100 (not just SAB, but also dust making its way into viewfinders and lenses, locking up, and more) to really trust it...

Back