Panasonic Rumor - Panasonic LX8

Status
Not open for further replies.
after being disappointed with the sony, this sounds promising. 24-90/2-2.8 is spot on. i just hope the evf is fixed and in the corner flush with the top, and better than the one in the lf1.

My best guess is that the EVF will be similar to the GX7, and probably on par with the FZ1000's resolution. Anyway, as my favorite detective Poirot would say, " everything will be revealed" in less than a month.

Sent from my iPad using SeriousCompacts

Either first gen or new customer-specific, but not the one from the rx100 mk 2/3 or the rx10; it's not a BSI design.

How much difference was there? I know that the second and third gen RX100 and the RX10 had a sensor that had some kind of back-lighting that was supposed to improve IQ, but in all of the Sony forums I've checked out, I never saw anyone who thought mkII had better IQ than the first - some felt the opposite but it largely seemed like a wash. We have a first gen RX100 (it's been my wife's since I got tired of wrestling with it a couple of months in) and I shot with an RX10 for about a month, and I didn't see any improvement in the RX10 sensor relative to that. To me, all of those 20mp 1" Sony sensors have looked about the same. So I'd be plenty happy with that original RX100 chip performance in the LX8...

-Ray

Sony claims a 40 percent reduction in noise with the new RX100 sensor versus the original. DPreview thought ISO 3200 with the new sensor looked about the same as ISO 800 with the original RX100 sensor. Me? I think it looks like the noise reduction is a bit more aggressive with the new sensor. So I tend to agree with Ray.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II Review

Steve, is that raw or jpeg? Are they cooking the raw files or are you talking about jpeg NR?

-Ray

How much difference was there? I know that the second and third gen RX100 and the RX10 had a sensor that had some kind of back-lighting that was supposed to improve IQ, but in all of the Sony forums I've checked out, I never saw anyone who thought mkII had better IQ than the first - some felt the opposite but it largely seemed like a wash.

The back-illumination of sensors makes less difference, the larger sensors get. Maybe a sensor of that size is already too large for seeing a significant improvement because of back-illumination. Sometimes companies use a technology not because it makes sense, but because it's better for marketing.

From 43rumors: "Automatic Lenscap". In every website about the LX8, they are always talking about it. I don't understand what is so important about a feature every compact camera has...

From 43rumors: "Automatic Lenscap". In every website about the LX8, they are always talking about it. I don't understand what is so important about a feature every compact camera has...
The fact that the LX series has so far had a manual lens cap makes it significant. I think the auto lens cap is an improvement for sure.

The fact that the LX series has so far had a manual lens cap makes it significant. I think the auto lens cap is an improvement for sure.

Ok, thanks. I can't remember the last time I used a camera with an automatic lenscap, that's the reason, perhaps, I don't give it the importance other people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back