Micro 4/3 RUMOR: Panasonic to stop making still cameras

The Gh6 is a better stills camera than the G9 (of which I have 2) in every way. In fact it is quite good for Bif (only have a few minutes to use it at the pond but out of 7 in flight image, 6 were sharp (ok a Blue Heron is about the worlds slowest bird:)). With a processor that is multiple times faster than the G9/Gh5II you will see a difference IMHO.

PDAF isn't a secret at this point, it's expected. I really hope they've done something in a hybrid to keep up with the jones'. The question is just how 'stills' oriented is it? Did they reduce the body size and do away with the fan?
I just realized this wasn’t a general discussion about Panasonic, and was under the micro 4/3 section. So I kinda retract half of what I said? I’m referring to their upcoming FF camera.

As for the GH6. I think it’s a brilliant camera, and honestly feels just fine in the hands, and although the fan is superfluous for a stills only shooter, it’s otherwise unfortunate it hasn’t quite seen the cult like status the GH5 as achieved. Who knows. Maybe someday.

I just realized this wasn’t a general discussion about Panasonic, and was under the micro 4/3 section. So I kinda retract half of what I said? I’m referring to their upcoming FF camera.

As for the GH6. I think it’s a brilliant camera, and honestly feels just fine in the hands, and although the fan is superfluous for a stills only shooter, it’s otherwise unfortunate it hasn’t quite seen the cult like status the GH5 as achieved. Who knows. Maybe someday.
That actually makes more sense, thanks for clarifying.

Back