GAS GEAR: Please Share your Latest Disposals Big and Small

In December I sold off my “larger kit” which was a G9, PL12-60 and a PL25/1.4 to boot. After rebuying an EPL7 in the fall, I decided that it’s compactness that I really want. My main workhorse right now is the EPL7 with the Oly 25/1.8.

In December I sold off my “larger kit” which was a G9, PL12-60 and a PL25/1.4 to boot. After rebuying an EPL7 in the fall, I decided that it’s compactness that I really want. My main workhorse right now is the EPL7 with the Oly 25/1.8.
Ah interesting, I've landed on the E-PL8 for my m43 camera. Any reason you chose the E-PL7? Do you use a viewfinder?

Ah interesting, I've landed on the E-PL8 for my m43 camera. Any reason you chose the E-PL7? Do you use a viewfinder?
Mostly because it was $150. I am monitoring the EP7, which I would buy if it was more like $400.

I do think about a viewfinder, but have been enjoying LCD-only shooting lately.

I still have my E-PL7. It had 3-axes IBIS, which works surprisingly well. It's just one of those "everything works pretty well" sort of cameras. It sits in my office sporting the P20 1.7. It's a great version of the ever-evolving Olympus Pens.

Over the last couple of years I've pared down from 3 systems with a bunch of glass to the following:

X100F
X-H1 x 2
XF 27/2.8 WR
XF 16-55/2.8
XF 90/2
XF 100-400

Least amount of gear I've had since shortly after getting an SLR in 1980.

Awaiting the X-H2 announcement to make further decisions.

I've put this off for a while now. Have had a Fuji setup for 6 ish months next to my m43 gear. The plan was to try them out side by side and then decide. Lens overlap was crazy.

Fuji won.

I'm liking the Fuji ergonomics, IQ and colours and general performance. There is also a clear upgrade path for me.

The m43 gear was getting used less and less and mostly as a b-cam or because I felt I had to.. Also only giant Pro lenses and bodies were being released that I feel are counter to the systems core pillars.

I've decided to sell all my m43 stuff, I have mostly the tiny primes and some tiny zooms. I'm keeping my lx100 tho.

In theory I can have the best of both worlds now. Go with a smaller body and primes (like a X-E body with a f2 prime) (for compactness and every day stuff) close to m43.
OR go "Pro" with the X-T body for WR and performance.
This way I can have the lenses be shared as well for both mindsets as well.

Im hoping to upgrade the XT-3 to the XT-4 on the long run or maybe wait and see for the next iteration. No rush.

So then, copying another popular tread from another sold off forum, what did you sell or posted ads for this week?

I put up my silver GF2 with 2390 actuations on it, along with the silver lenses: a 14 f:2.5, one of those 14-42 kit zooms (MkI) and a LVF-1, all posted in separate ads on the local eqv. of Craigs list.

I dont fancy silver cameras and am scarred from youth, where the $50 extra for a black camera was prioritized towards some extra rolls of film, instead of the lushness that is a fully black body. I have a black GF2 in the cupboard so I am GTG as to the particular model, ditto with the 14mm in MkII version as well as a black 14-42 MkI, which will probably find its way out in the local classifieds sometimes soon.

GF2.jpg

The separate sales are blatantly for profit maximising and easier sales, even if it means taking longer, and trotting off to the mail office several times. Sold as a bundle in the local market, I could probably count my self lucky if the lot went for 120 bucks. Separate sales will most likely double that or better.

What I have actually sold this week is a LVF-1, in response to a "wanted" ad. I had 4 or 5 of those, and plan to keep two, so the surplus is going to the marketplace.

We do have a "gear disposals" thread. But I guess selling and disposing might be different. Hahah.
Ah, that one has sadly slipped under the radar, anyone with the almighty powers feel free to merge as wanted.

I see! I do the same but keep the older stuff as well as paying cash for new stuff
When the digital body count is closer to thirty bodies and atleast the same amount of lenses, there must be some house cleaning done. Or it is more to the tune of one body leaves, two bodies enters, when or if I get any response on a couple of "I am interested" messages I have sent out... :doh: :drinks:

Just sold my Sony/Zeiss FE 4/16-35mm. I had some disappointing results the other day and such an experience always leads to selling off the lens in question. No immediate need to buy a replacement as I have the Zeiss Loxias 21 and 25mm as well as ample choices in the 28mm range and beyond. Only thing missing now is something wider than 21mm; if that starts to bother me, I'll go looking for a prime in that range, probably 15mm or so.

Last edited:
I sold 2 copies of the Olympus 40-150 4-5.6 that I had. There was nothing wrong with those lenses, they are quite good performers for the price, its just that I recently repurchased a Panasonic 35-100 2.8 II, and I don't see the need to have 3 lenses with similar focal lengths.

After weeks of thinking about it, I also sold my always trusty Olympus EM-5 II, absolutely nothing wrong with the camera! But I also have a Pen-F, a G9 and an EM-5 III. So I asked myself? Do I really need 4 Micro 4/3 bodies? The answer is a big NO, therefore I had to let my EM-5 II go while it is still worth some money.

I don't even think that I need 3 bodies, I'm even thinking to take another step and downsize my kit to only 2 Micro 4/3 bodies, the problem is which one to let go next? I still don't know what to do.

I sold 2 copies of the Olympus 40-150 4-5.6 that I had. There was nothing wrong with those lenses, they are quite good performers for the price, its just that I recently repurchased a Panasonic 35-100 2.8 II, and I don't see the need to have 3 lenses with similar focal lengths.

After weeks of thinking about it, I also sold my always trusty Olympus EM-5 II, absolutely nothing wrong with the camera! But I also have a Pen-F, a G9 and an EM-5 III. So I asked myself? Do I really need 4 Micro 4/3 bodies? The answer is a big NO, therefore I had to let my EM-5 II go while it is still worth some money.

I don't even think that I need 3 bodies, I'm even thinking to take another step and downsize my kit to only 2 Micro 4/3 bodies, the problem is which one to let go next? I still don't know what to do.
Three bodies, three different default lenses. Very practical for 'grab and go'.

IMG_20210306_155523.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm hanging on to my FE2 ! Haven't put a roll of film through it for ... maybe two decades :) but I'm keeping it for sure
I also have a FM3a that gets all the use since I got it. Without this, I definitely wouldn't get rid of it!
Same for the Zeiss Ikon ZM, double up with an MP ("slightly" early retirement gift)

Back