Rust/Decay and Water

loquat149

Regular
Here's a couple of shots I took at work while getting to know my X100S.

Dave

Attachments

• mooring_chains.jpg
    mooring_chains.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 338
  • fountain.jpg
    fountain.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 209
Here's a couple more shots of water taken with the X100S. The first is Emerald Sink, an entrance to the Floridan Aquifer in Wakulla County, northern Florida. The other is a shot of a "gator" in nearby Camp Indian Springs.

Dave

Attachments

• Brandon_Yourczek_Emerald.jpg
    Brandon_Yourczek_Emerald.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Gator_Indian_Springs_crop.jpg
    Gator_Indian_Springs_crop.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 352
Here's a couple more shots of water taken with the X100S. The first is Emerald Sink, an entrance to the Floridan Aquifer in Wakulla County, northern Florida. The other is a shot of a "gator" in nearby Camp Indian Springs.
Dave

Out of curiosity: was that diving for fun or business? Reason for asking: the visibility does not seem to be great.
BTW: I love diving. Not sure though if I would feel comfortable in gator territory. ;-)

For fun! These were cave dives and at these sites the basins had low or no visibility. One you enter the cave passages the temperature drops and the visibility clears. Emerald is still clearing from a recent flood, so the visibility was only 20-40 feet, while Indian opened up to 100 plus feet of visibility once you get past the restriction at 140' depth. :)

BTW, there was a couple of 3' gators in Indian that day, but I didn't get a shot.

Say, maybe we should start a diving related thread?

Dave

Out of curiosity: was that diving for fun or business? Reason for asking: the visibility does not seem to be great.
BTW: I love diving. Not sure though if I would feel comfortable in gator territory. ;-)

More water, this time from a diving trip I took to Cozumel last month. I still wasn't able to completely capture the ridiculous turquoise and cobalt blues in the water, but had fun trying with the X100S. I need to go back now that I have a polarizer.

Dave
View attachment 1887

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370177554.591715.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370177554.591715.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 191
Say, maybe we should start a diving related thread?
Dave

Would be cool. However, I haven't used Fujis much underwater. So there's not a lot to share from my side. And since I had to stop diving last year (eyes. Yes, yes, I feel sorry for myself ;-) ) there won't be any others. But it would be great to see photos. I am curious how many divers we have around here.

Peter

More water, this time from a diving trip I took to Cozumel last month. I still wasn't able to completely capture the ridiculous turquoise and cobalt blues in the water, but had fun trying with the X100S. I need to go back now that I have a polarizer.
Dave

Yes, I've been there as well and the water looks incredible! Did you swim with the whale sharks as well?

Peter

Would be cool. However, I haven't used Fujis much underwater. So there's not a lot to share from my side. And since I had to stop diving last year (eyes. Yes, yes, I feel sorry for myself ;-) ) there won't be any others. But it would be great to see photos. I am curious how many divers we have around here.

Peter

That sucks, sorry to hear you had to stop diving! I'm not using my "X" underwater, but do like to take topside shots before and after dives and on the boat rides to/from dive sites.

Regarding whale sharks, we didn't see any this trip but I have swam with them off La Paz, in Baja California Sur. Water's a lot colder there! This trip to Cozumel I particularly enjoyed the reefs off the south end of the island, like Punta Sur.

Dave

Here's a shot of the spring we dove last Saturday in Wakulla County, Florida. That's a layer of duckweed on the surface, the visibility underwater was quite good. Our max depth was 175' with a total dive time of 75 min.

Dave (via X100S)

Attachments

• Meeting_House.jpg
    Meeting_House.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 134
That looks like an excellent spot to relax before and after diving. Great dive time too (one tank?). Must have been fun.

Back