Sony RX1 - How to use "For Viewfinder" on the EVF?

Muizen

Regular
Name
Harry Briels
In the RX-1 menu the DISP Button (Monitor) shows a.o. the option" For Viewfinder".

This gives the impression that you can see this in the EVF, which I would like because of the large histogram that is shown.
But I can not see it on the EVF, only on the LCD.
Is there a way to use this on the EVF?

(I posted this question on another RX1 Forum but so far without an answer

If you set up the "for viewfinder" menu so that the ONLY checked box is histogram, the histogram shows up in the EVF, along with the basic information in the top and bottom margins. If you have any other box checked also, the histogram does not show up.

-Ray

RX1 "For Viewfinder"

If you set up the "for viewfinder" menu so that the ONLY checked box is histogram, the histogram shows up in the EVF, along with the basic information in the top and bottom margins. If you have any other box checked also, the histogram does not show up.

-Ray

Ray, what I would like to accomplish is to see in the EVF, the screen that goes with "For Viewfinder" as present in the DISP Monitor, which does not show an image but just the large graphic histogram (with all other information).
I assume that this should be possible because it is identified as "For Viewfinder" but I can only see it on the LCD.
Thanks for your help!
Harry

Ray, what I would like to accomplish is to see in the EVF, the screen that goes with "For Viewfinder" as present in the DISP Monitor, which does not show an image but just the large graphic histogram (with all other information).
I assume that this should be possible because it is identified as "For Viewfinder" but I can only see it on the LCD.
Thanks for your help!
Harry

Pretty sure you can't do it. The menu items DISP Button (Monitor) and DISP Button (Finder) seem to be mislabeled because they control the display within the Monitor and within the Finder (when attached), but really seem to have no relationship at ALL with the display BUTTON. Each of those menus can customize what you see in the the monitor or the finder, but the DISPLAY button itself doesn't have any effect on what's showing in the finder when you have the finder on the camera and it toggles between the primary display (including image) and the information only display on the monitor, whether you have the finder attached or not. The only exception is if you have the finder attached but you have the finder/monitor control set to manual, then the monitor is totally dead anytime you have the finder manually selected and visa versa.

But, no, I don't see any way to get that info-only display to show up in the finder - only on the monitor using the "display" button to toggle between that and the view with the image.

-Ray

Back