Sony Showcase RX1 Images

_DSC0499-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC01051.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

Got one for 500 ish euros. Pretty quirky camera. The lens is amazing and the files are great.
Only issue I personally have with it is the AF. It's slow and doesn't do a great job. Buuut I found the MF trick where you turn the macro dial and that seems to have transformed this camera (in a good way) for me.
Now the question is ... should I get that EVF?

View attachment 444874

View attachment 444875

Got one for 500 ish euros. Pretty quirky camera. The lens is amazing and the files are great.
Only issue I personally have with it is the AF. It's slow and doesn't do a great job. Buuut I found the MF trick where you turn the macro dial and that seems to have transformed this camera (in a good way) for me.
I remember you pondering about this camera, I’m glad you grabbed it I think you’ll love it.

Fancied the mkii with the pop up viewfinder for ages! But my brain or wallet wont let me do it! For my amateur usage its just too goddamm much.
Yes! Same! I honestly don't feel safe walking around with a camera that's worth that much either.

Even with my pen-F I sometimes think about not taking it. In case I get mugged or something.

View attachment 444874

View attachment 444875

Really nice images, Tili. Especially the colours. And you are totally right, of course: the lens is amazing.
Re: the EVF... it's a bit of a toss-up. I had one when I had an Rx1r for a bit. On the plus side, it simply gave me a much better view of what I was trying to photograph. I know that probably sounds obvious, but it did. On the negative side, it adds to the bulk of the camera and makes it less pocketable (or coat-pocketable, if you will). It also (and this is more of a subjective observation) made the camera more 'obvious' when I was wandering around the streets (mainly of Mexico City, at the time). Sans EVF it looked more like a big point-and-shoot, but with the viewfinder, I had the feeling that people were more aware of me photographing them, which I didn't really want. So, yeah... it's a good question. But I think it can function really nicely without one.

Back