Sony Showcase RX1 Images

One from this morning's rain...
9331978307_dbdfa0107f_h.jpg

What did you do to that to make a shot of a simple tomato look so incredible?!?!

-Ray

Got REALLY CLOSE.... :) haha! Actually, I just used a single speedlight (camera right and up) through a rogue flashbender w/diffusion panel. Then just made a couple of really slight adjustments in LR5! Nothing crazy!

It is a Canon 600EX, handheld, triggered through a Canon OC-E3 cable. No wireless right now, and I can't get it to work in any fun ways other than straight sync up to 1/4000" at f5.6... not to say that isn't super cool!

Oh..ok...I asked you this before then; got it.

Just so you know, if you turn the exposure compensation down to -3 you can trigger the speedlight with the flash and unless the object is very shiny, you don't realize that the camera flash is flashing also. Just an FYI in case you wanted to know.

I gotta go look for one of those cables. :)

By the way; also, there is an adapter Multifunction-to-Sony A and then Sony-A-to-normal-hotshoe. (that's two separate adapters) that allow use of wireless triggers.

The only thing that I don't like is that I LIKE the EVF and I don't want to take it on and off to use a flash.

I bought an HVL 43AM sony flash that's supposed to be wireless capable....we'll see. that would be great if I could trigger it via wireless off camera.

Oh..ok...I asked you this before then; got it.

Just so you know, if you turn the exposure compensation down to -3 you can trigger the speedlight with the flash and unless the object is very shiny, you don't realize that the camera flash is flashing also. Just an FYI in case you wanted to know.

I gotta go look for one of those cables. :)

By the way; also, there is an adapter Multifunction-to-Sony A and then Sony-A-to-normal-hotshoe. (that's two separate adapters) that allow use of wireless triggers.

The only thing that I don't like is that I LIKE the EVF and I don't want to take it on and off to use a flash.

I bought an HVL 43AM sony flash that's supposed to be wireless capable....we'll see. that would be great if I could trigger it via wireless off camera.

Yeah, I saw that post. I've tried multiple times, many ways and I still couldn't get it to trigger that way. I didnt have the option to test too much though. I'll play with it more later.

I do agree, they need a Multi-interface trigger cable that has another MI hotshoe on top of it (like a passthrough) so we can use the EVF and flashes.

Yeah, I saw that post. I've tried multiple times, many ways and I still couldn't get it to trigger that way. I didnt have the option to test too much though. I'll play with it more later.

I do agree, they need a Multi-interface trigger cable that has another MI hotshoe on top of it (like a passthrough) so we can use the EVF and flashes.

That's because the 600EX doesn't have a native optical slave capability, you have to buy a cheapie optical slave adapter and put it on the flash hotshoe and then it will fire when it sees another flash go off.

here is a link to some:

FlashZebra.com: Optical Slaves

Once you do that...you are good to go!

Been editing my first batch of RX1 shots......these took a relatively long time to process, always works out that way for me when processing files from a new camera. Really itching to get more time with the RX1, it arrived in the mail about the same time as a whole bunch of new work stuff did. These are some quick lunch break snaps so can't wait to have a proper day with it. Plenty has already been said about the quality of the RX1 so no need to go there yet again, but man, it really has a solid, meaty heft to it. Nice.

9299207012_ccb6c5102c_b.jpg

Why ride when you can fly ? by Livnius, on Flickr

View attachment 72806
Bourke St Mall-1 by Livnius, on Flickr

View attachment 72807
Bourke St Mall-2 by Livnius, on Flickr

9299212662_1562b83836_b.jpg

Melbourne Architecture. by Livnius, on Flickr

Those are great! You have a good eye for composition....I gotta get out more. :)

You took these in raw? In color? Then processed them to B&W?

Back