Sony Showcase RX1 Images

We're in SW Ireland at the moment. We've been here two weeks and are here for another two. The shooting has been good, primarily with the Fuji X cameras and lenses. A few days ago I had a camera problem with one of the XT1's and wound up using the RX1 exclusively. It turned out very well.
DSC00230.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

Some from yesterday at Brooklands Museum. My new love..... Mercedes 190SL 1960. We were looking at this beautiful car when a German lady came up to chat, her husband restored this particular one and several others. She said it took about 200 hours but this doesn't sound a lot to me, perhaps something got lost in translation......

DSC08654-Edit.jpg

DSC08658-Edit.jpg

DSC08663-Edit.jpg

DSC08659-Edit.jpg

I should add that Mercedes World isn't actually part of Brooklands, they are just a few steps away and have a small track there.

I can't let that last picture go by without adding that Stirling Moss completed the 1955 Mille Miglia in a little over ten hours. That's an average of around 100mph along unfamiliar country lanes and through narrow town streets, maintained for ten hours. An average!

-R

I can't let that last picture go by without adding that Stirling Moss completed the 1955 Mille Miglia in a little over ten hours. That's an average of around 100mph along unfamiliar country lanes and through narrow town streets, maintained for ten hours. An average! -R

I sure could have used a car like that on my solo drives between Akron Ohio and Los Angeles, between 1981 and 2007. I had a lot of days around 1120 miles, but only did 1200 miles in a day once, without exceeding the speed limits (65-70 mph). My car for the last 19 years was a Honda CRX HF 5-speed stick, which drove nicely, but was so light it bounced around between deep tire grooves in some of the Western states - Oklahoma and Texas particularly. The last dozen or so trips (~2550 miles) were completed in 52:15 to 52:30 hours, so I have a pretty good idea of the discipline Mr. Moss developed to keep a steady push on, even though my performance was nowhere near his. I never would have guessed back at the beginning that I could make those trips that quickly, but the surprise was finding that it's safer that way - with shorter daytime drives over a period of 4-6 days, I tended to fall asleep a lot.

I've used Agfa Vista 100 +++ from pack 05 VSco. I upped the exposure of both images and got rid of the grain. Finished them off in Nik, probably Glamour Glow and blur vignette. I use VSCO a lot but they do require a lot of tweaking.

Back