Sony Showcase RX1 Images

Well I got my RX1 yesterday and hope to contribute to this thread soon. Managed to drop my M9 in the harbour here in Auckland NZ and decided not to reinvest in Leica and got the A99 + RX1 instead. Am stunned how good this little thing is. Think it will be my 1st camera and A99 will be for when I want really wide.

Oh, that is one SAD story! Lens go down too?

-Ray

Managed to rescue the 28 Summicron but the M9 + seawater not happening.

nikon repair recently fixed a water damaged lens by boiling it in distilled water to get the impurities off the electronics, or something wacky like that

u shoulda boiled it!
then put a crawfish sticker on it...

A couple from my first go around over the weekend. Love this little darling. My A99 could be a little lonely at home.

Attachments

• RX1.jpg
    RX1.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 235
  • RX1-2.jpg
    RX1-2.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 214
  • RX1-3.jpg
    RX1-3.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 245
Went to NC for a wedding this past weekend and shot the whole thing with the X100S and RX1 side by side. Such a great camera... sometimes I still can't believe the quality of the output from a camera I can stuff in a jacket pocket!

Quick snap of our chariot for the trip (rental chariot) - a nice cherry red Ford Mustang :dance2:

8650926822_7be8aa600d_c.jpg

Our Chariot For the Trip by jloden, on Flickr

The rest of these are in B&W... partially because I like B&W but also for differentiation purposes. They already had a pair of wedding photographers doing the paid work, so I processed everything in B&W to give a different feel to my stuff. I also focused on candids and interactions between the guests, since the pros had their hands full shooting the main events. I think the strategy turned out well and I'm happy with the results.

Shot of my wife opening her parasol, a gift from the bride and used for part of the wedding photos/ceremony also.

8649529957_12a6933352_c.jpg

Parasol by jloden, on Flickr

8650626866_c27ab747f0_c.jpg

Feed by jloden, on Flickr

8649525481_b0238e2108_c.jpg

My Chains Are Gone... by jloden, on Flickr

8649524219_ac35524bd4_c.jpg

Silo by jloden, on Flickr

8650622530_3f4ed8fbbe_c.jpg

Silo by jloden, on Flickr

8650620964_7db9028890_c.jpg

For Whom? by jloden, on Flickr

8652987262_c935d7bc47_c.jpg

Rebecca & Ian by jloden, on Flickr

And I'll close with one more, my new favorite shot of my wife and I. This was taken with the RX1 by one of the other guests. Fortunately he is also into photography so he was able to successfully use center-point focus and recompose to get an in-focus shot of us :D

8652989918_f49457737b_c.jpg

Plus One by jloden, on Flickr

8652988886_b8fdd8528c_c.jpg

Plus One by jloden, on Flickr

Hey some nice shots there. I really like the parasol and the bride & groom the best. Nice that u get a picture of yourself w/ the wife. It helps w/ the event memories. Btw I like b&w too :D

Thanks Gary - I agree, really like the parasol one and the bride and groom shot myself. Both of those were ones I felt good about right after I tripped the shutter, which is usually a good sign :D

And yes... we never get pictures together anymore now that I'm always behind the camera, so that was a really nice thing to have!

Jay nice set, I can see where the size advantage of RX1 will be helpful in occasions like this.... did the GH3/G5 see action?

No, this trip I brought only the X100S and RX1, thinking I'd use the weekend as a sort of shootout to compare the two.

Worked out ok, but in retrospect I really wish I'd gone with my original plan for the trip and brought the GH3 (G5 is long gone) with 7-14, 12-35, and 35-100 lenses + the RX1. There were lots of times I wanted to go wider, and a few where a longer lens would have been nice. Fortunately the RX1 can stand crazy amounts of cropping without falling apart!

A couple of recent toss-offs. I never do food pics, but my wife was cooking steaks and chicken and veggies out on the grill and it looked good it enough to eat! And, damned if it wasn't and damned if we didn't, but I grabbed this first:

View attachment 68280
BBQ-17-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

And this is one I took when I was doing some landscape "tests" when I was still in my loaner/trial period with this camera. I got some nice color shots that day but this one didn't do much for me. But I was playing around and reworked in B&W the other day and the lines and contrast seemed to work better in mono:

View attachment 68281
Chesco Landscapes-41-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Back