Sony Showcase RX1 Images

The Tall Ship Niagara

The Niagara cruising on the Welland Canal from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie after participating in Canada Day festivities.

9210114397_c51293236f_b.jpg

Just got my RX1 on the weekend. So far so good... except I dropped the optical viewfinder already =(

View attachment 6518

Did the EVF survive?

I am loving my RX1 and I "designed" a way to make the EVF attach more securely to the hotshoe without the need of a rubber band.

If anyone's interested I can post a few photos of the way I made that a tighter fit.

Did the EVF survive?

I am loving my RX1 and I "designed" a way to make the EVF attach more securely to the hotshoe without the need of a rubber band.

If anyone's interested I can post a few photos of the way I made that a tighter fit.

Please do tell me. Right now i just experimented putting a very small piece of rubber band under the spring inside the hotshoe.
The camera came with the zeiss ovf as well as sony's evf so it was the ovf that got dropped. I had two cameras in my Billingham small and it was tight with the ovf attached. When I took it out it must have been half lose. And it seems like if half lose it will just fall out. It hit my car's bumper and fell onto the street. Luckily it was only a small paint that came off at the corner. Is not that visible, but it gotta hurt.... few hrs of use only. I'm surprise the glass itself is still perfectly fine.

Another pic from that day.

9226366551_7c9a9a1b57_b.jpg

I"ve been posting a lot of RX1 shots in my ongoing Italy thread, but haven't added any here in quite a while, so here are a few...

View attachment 72637
RX1 Ravello-Amalfi-127-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

9216111039_8acc9a1139_b.jpg

Capri RX1-49-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

9304025185_6aafe0df08_b.jpg

Positano RX1 Night-18-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 72640
Positano RX1 Night-62-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 72641
RX1 Evening shots-46-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 72642
RX1 Evening shots-21-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr